Washington University of St. Louis Hematology in St. Louis, Missouri
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Internal Medicine, Hematology Division. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
*POSITION SUMMARY: *
Position provides leadership, supervision, and coordination of patient care staff and patient treatment; the manager applies both clinical and operational management skills to meet the established quality, patient satisfaction, and financial/operational goals of the unit/department.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates patient services with physicians and staff to provide quality care in effective manner, conducting rounds to ensure quality of patient care delivery
- Reviews, assists, and promotes the development of policies and procedures in compliance with medical school, state and federal regulatory requirements
- Assists in preparation and control of department operational budget; monitors supplies/equipment, ordering/repairing as required to ensure the quality of care and operational standard are maintained
- Directs, assigns, and coordinates activities/duties of staff, evaluating performance, orienting new staff, and advising administration of conditions; coordinates and ensures completion of staff continuing education, in-service, and quality improvement activities, staff programs, and meetings
- Provides direct patient care, including development of patient care plans, administering medication, vitals, phlebotomy, monitoring IV therapies, and maintaining records in accordance with approved nursing techniques
- Promotes/maintains good public relations with patients and families, acting as liaison between other departments
- Acts as troubleshooter, contact person, counselor, and interviewer in patient care research projects, maintaining appropriate records
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program, plus a minimum of 3 years of related clinical experience; previous supervisory experience
- Current Missouri RN licensure in accordance with the Compact Act; Basic Life Support certification
- BSN preferred
- Working knowledge of general nursing theory and practice, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
The hiring range for this position is $64,604 - $90,438 annually.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, hair sample drug screen, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
Retirement Savings Plan
22 vacation days
8 Paid Holidays
Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
Free Life Insurance
Health, Dental, Vision
Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
Long Term Disability Insurance
Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Title: Nurse Manager - Hematology - 37289
Job ID: 37289
Location: Medical School
Full/Part Time: Full-Time