Northrop Grumman Senior Office Clerk in Sunnyvale, California
Senior Office Clerk
Requisition ID: 17009673
Location(s): United States-California-Sunnyvale
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Collect, organize, analyze, and reconcile data from various sources to maintain and accurately process labor records and information for hourly employees. Investigate and correct suspense records related to labor records. Demonstrate labor collection system to others.
WORKING PROCEDURE AND/OR RESPONSIBILITY ASSIGNED:
THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL MAJOR JOB DUTIES, BUT THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT PRECLUDE THE PERFORMANCE OF THE OTHER DUTIES BY THE INCUMBENT, NOR THE QUESTION BEING RAISED ON THE PROPER RATE OF PAY FOR THE ASSIGNMENT.
1. Collect, organize, and reconcile daily hourly time distribution charges on SFDC (shop floor data collection) system and by evaluating various other sources, such as MACS (Manufacturing and Control System), and Edit Suspense (mainframe). Input and maintain data and reporting elements, such as work center rosters, in support of hourly labor data collection activities.
2. Identify, review and resolve discrepancies, variances and shortages on input/output from labor collection systems. Determine cause and corrective action to ensure that labor data is accurately reported to downstream labor distribution systems. Prepare and approve labor distribution information as required.
3. Maintain a thorough knowledge of computerized hourly time distribution systems, procedures, inputs and outputs. Demonstrate system to others and identify system operating irregularies for systems personnel to resolve.
4. Analyze suspense reports and investigate errors. Determine source and cause of errors, take appropriate corrective actions, and process suspense records to the downstream labor distribution systems.
5. Prepare and maintain various summary reports, charts, etc., using personal computer software packages such as spreadsheets, word processing, graphics, barcode, and mainframe applications such as MACS. Summary reports include weekly roster, vacation balances, safety shoe tracking, performance review tracking, etc.
6. Organize, locate, and compile labor and personnel records. Assist manufacturing supervisors to research trends, or other information related to labor records.
7. Perform routine arithmetic calculations applicable to labor reporting to determine hour variances, and identify differences between reported hours and distributed hours.
8. Perform work of equal or lower code level as required.
SCOPE, PURPOSE AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
Human Resources Dept To discuss hourly employee status & documents Frequent
Payroll Department To discuss hour/pay shortages and problems and Frequent
vacation eligibility and advances
Various Departments To obtain information, relay information, schedule meetings Limited
Employees To relay messages and obtain signatures Frequent
Manufacturing Supervisor To distribute reports, information, obtain signatures, etc. Frequent
Labor Collection Analysts To report problems and resolve reporting errors. Occasional
DIRECTION OF OTHERS:
After initial training, performs work with limited supervision on regular work assignments. Receives specific instructions and general supervision on special tasks and projects.
High school graduate with courses in bookkeeping, business math, and personal computers, or equivalent.
One year of related experience as an Office Clerk (W06013) or Senior Office Clerk (W07028) to gain familiarity with the hourly time keeping system, records and Northrop Grumman policies and procedures. Must have demonstrated neatness, accuracy and ability to perform assignments with limited direction. Must have demonstrated initiative and ability to effectively communicate and work with others.
- High School graduate with courses in bookkeeping, business math and personal computers or equivalent
- Ability to effectively communicate and work with others
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Senior Office Clerk
Requisition ID: 17009673