NBC Universal Supervisor, Rides in Universal City, California
Job Number 37563BR
Job Title Supervisor, Rides
Business Segment Parks & Resorts
Sub-Business USH Tech Services
Posting Category Theme Parks
About Us Universal Studios Hollywood is the Entertainment Capital of L.A. featuring a movie-based theme park and Studio Tour, and bridged by Universal CityWalk, a dynamic entertainment, shopping and dining complex. Universal Studios Hollywood is an industry leader due to its impressive talent base of highly creative professionals who inspire and produce compelling entertainment and innovative attractions that immerse guests in an authentic Hollywood experience. Universal Studios Hollywood’s team of professionals enjoys a unique culture where fun, hard work and high-quality results are priority, resulting in an employee base that is proud to work here. NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The company offers equally unique opportunities for employees to expand their careers within Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Parks & Resorts, and the broader NBCUniversal family. It’s a big universe, where do you fit in?
Country United States
City Universal City
The Supervisor, Ride Operations is to assist the Area Managers and other members of the management team with the daily operations and leadership of Rides & Attractions. This position has the primary responsibility planning, assigning, and reviewing work completed by technicians in a union environment. The responsibilities include daily supervision of the technical services staffs’ work product and coordination of multiple activities and resources including supplies, equipment and resources.
• Supervises daily operation of USH Technical Services Rides & Attractions
• Continuously monitor ride/ show operational readiness to realize high percentage of up-time in systems, and to achieve high guest satisfaction.
• Prioritizes and schedules workflow through the department of both routine and assigned tasks and output of the technicians to ensure high show quality and ride reliability.
• Maintain constant communication with the rides managers to report ride status during down time events and serve as liaison between other operating departments within USH.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with employees and internal/external clients.
• Create, approve, and track work orders, purchase requisitions, and purchase orders through Maximo.
• Trains, supervises and evaluates the work of hourly union staff as required.
• Report any safety, compliance, procedural, or disciplinary infractions by the technicians to management. Must be able to administer discipline to the employees as required.
• Coaches and motivates hourly union staff to promote safe and efficient operations while also exceeding client expectations of communication, responsiveness, quality of service, and technical efficiency.
• Leads reward and recognition planning, employee events, and ESAT action planning
• Leads accident investigations following incidents
• Supervises and participates in the receiving, storage and distribution of equipment, material and supplies.
• Maintains records and prepares reports.
• Develops and implements programs to improve client and employee satisfaction.
• Acts as EHS Safety Team representative for employees
• Ensures that all safety procedures are understood and followed
• Ensures that collective bargaining agreements are upheld by partnering with HR and Labor Relations to maintain positive union relationships
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Associate’s degree (AA) from two - year college or technical school in Business, Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred.
• 5-7 Years technical and trade experience
• 3-5 years of operations management/team leadership experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability & willingness to work overtime, weekends and holidays with short notice
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of employees and management, and willingness to give assistance to co-workers in other areas. Strong team player.
• Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
• Strong time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently under pressure; proactive thinker/self-starter
• Ability to multi-task and be flexible is essential
• Theme Park Operations knowledge and experience
• Experience managing in a union environment
• Must have strong leadership, organizational and problem-solving skills
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Click Here to view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.