Exeter Hospital EH - Physical Therapist in United States
Plans and administers medically prescribed physical therapy evaluation and treatment for patients suffering from injuries muscle nerve joint and bone diseases or neurological or developmental disorders to improve and/or restore function relieve pain and prevent disability.
- Bachelor's degree; graduate of accredited program
- Physical Therapist - NH
- CPR certified within 90 days of hire
- Selects; administers and interprets clinically appropriate assessments.
- Effectively integrates educational; medical; social and psychological factors when interpreting evaluative measures and determining the appropriate treatment diagnosis/diagnoses.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care which promote development and/or restoration of skills required for successful participation in community activities and activities of daily living.
- Collaborates with other healthcare; contract; and school providers to coordinate services and maximize outcomes.
- Evaluates treatment outcomes at various stages and modifies the plan of care to reflect any changes in the patient's performance or condition.
- Designs home exercise programs to facilitate carry over and promote independence. Provides instruction and supervision in the implementation of home programs.
- Complies with standards for medical; and/or educational; records management (e.g. insurance authorization; consents; physician's referral; documentation of treatment notes) and maintains patient/client confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Complies with professional and licensure standards on code of ethics.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment for patient and family in accordance with hospital standards including assurance and support of patient's rights and responsibilities.
- Orients; instructs and directs work activities of assistants; aides and/or students in acute; outpatient and contract settings.