Veritas Senior Software Engineer in United States
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are the only company that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas is currently looking for motivated individuals who not only “do” but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
- Design and develop the full stack including UI, RESTful APIs as well as the backend and business logic for Veritas’s software defined storage products
- Work in a group of passionate developers in a high energy and fast paced and outcome oriented environment
- Participate in design discussions, build prototypes independently and contribute to deliver high quality products
- Motivated to assume responsibilities as a developer to write scalable and high performance software, create solid white box test cases, conduct performance benchmarks, and deliver creative customer facing content on the product.
- Adopt Agile practices for efficiency, predictability and customer driven product development.
- Work with customer support to efficiently handle engineering escalations for the products.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in systems software development, preferably on Linux/UNIX
- Advanced programming skills in C/ C++/ Java and scripting languages -Perl, Python
- Experience with creating interactive data visualizations/dashboards
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with the whole stack including databases, protocols, and web server optimization
- Deep understanding of computer architecture, data structures and algorithms, virtualization technologies
- Prior experience with storage and network stack is preferred
- Experience developing products and applications in Distributed systems area
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .