General Motors Service Parts Engineer - ENG0036547 in United States
The Service Parts Engineer (SPE) collaborates with GM’s Advanced Serviceability of Design Engineers (ASDE) to ensure that the service parts needed to repair GM vehicles are available to our dealers and customers.
The Service Parts Engineer is responsible for the following:
- Identify, develop and release responsible service parts for assigned global and local vehicle programs.
- Investigate and resolve interchangeability of existing service parts concurrent with the release of new service parts.
- Analyze and resolve engineering deviations, suggestions, and internal/external customer inquiries relative to service parts.
- Maintain communications, build relationships, and represent Aftersales Engineering with all CCA downstream functions and internal customers.
- Assist the ASDE in developing service part strategies and subsystem service plans.
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Automotive Technology
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of engineering theory/principles and operation of mechanical mechanisms
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- High level of interpersonal skills to work independently and effectively with others
- Demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related areas
- Knowledge of part release and change management within CCA’s Aftersales part release system
- Knowledge of GM’s engineering related computer software (GPDS, E2, APM, TcAE, Vis Mockup) and proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Automotive service parts experience at the wholesale or retail level.
- Working knowledge of automotive service practices and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of vehicle chassis systems