Republic Services TS Stationary Eqp Operator in Weatherford, Oklahoma
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Operator – Stationary Equipment is responsible for the safe operation of stationary equipment at a recycling facility, hauling/collections location or transfer station for the purpose of transferring, loading and/or compacting waste or other materials in an efficient and safe manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Valid certificate(s) of training and applicable licenses for operation of equipment, as required. • Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness. • Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner. • Good follow through ability; ability to adhere to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise. • Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company’s safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks. • Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
• High School diploma or GED.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in stationary equipment operation.
• Minimum of 1 year of experience working at sites regulated by OSHA.
• Perform pre- and post-operation inspection of the equipment in accordance with Company policy to ensure windows, lights, mirrors and rear view camera are clean. Safely and efficiently operate equipment that may include: forklift, excavator, bulldozer, front-end loader, sweeper or baler and other stationary equipment using proper safety standards.
• Continuously monitor waste and/or other materials for evidence of unacceptable waste/materials.
• Identify and deposit waste and materials into appropriate piles and stock baled trash.
• Load the transfer truck with a front-end loader and ensure complete capacity by packing down waste with bucket; regulate tonnage into the transfer trailer.
• Continuously observe packed waste and materials for signs of hazards, including smoldering, fire, etc.
• Continuously monitor the condition of the equipment to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean tracks or wheels on equipment, as needed.
• Perform and document minor service on equipment, referring more complicated mechanical issues to Maintenance Shop for repair.
• Complete Equipment Condition Report and other reports, as necessary; report any necessary repairs to supervisor, as needed.
• Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.