CB&I Crane Operator 180-300T in Westlake, Louisiana
Title: Crane Operator 180-300T
Location: United States-Louisiana-Westlake
Operates traveling or stationary overhead crane (cab- or ground controlled) to lift, move, and position loads, such as machinery, equipment, products, and solid or bulk materials, using hoisting attachments, such as hook, sling, electromagnet, or bucket.
- Observes load hookup and determines safety of load.
- Manipulates or depresses crane controls, such as pedals, levers, and buttons, to regulate speed and direction of crane and hoist movement according to written, verbal, or signal instructions.
- Cleans and maintains crane and hoisting mechanism.
- Inspects crane for defective parts and notifies supervisor of defects or malfunctions.
- May attach load to hook or other crane accessory prior to operating crane and be designated Crane Operator-Hooker (steel & rel.) or Crane Operator-Hooktender (aircraft mfg.).
- May be designated by type of crane operated or material handled as Bridge Crane Operator (any industry); Charging-Crane Operator (foundry; steel & rel.) I; Cinder Crane Operator (foundry; steel & rel.) I; Gantry Crane Operator (any industry); Hot-Metal Crane Operator (foundry; nonfer. metal; steel & rel.) I; Ingot Stripper (steel & rel.) I; Scrap Crane Operator (steel & rel.) I; Tower Whirler Operator (any industry); Wall-Crane Operator (foundry).
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules, including wearing required personal safety equipment. Performs other duties and activities as required.
- Performing only those jobs on which they have been trained and/or authorized.
- Working in accordance with safe job practices and complying with company safety rules
- Using required personal protective equipment
- Reporting unsafe conditions or practices
- Making safety suggestions
- Serving on the safety committee if requested
- Cooperating during investigation of any accidents that occur
- Taking an active part and participating in safety meetings, pre-job safety briefings, task hazard analyses and Job Safety Analyses.
- May require a high school diploma or its equivalent and previous years of related experience.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under minimum supervision.
- Typically reports to a supervisor.
NP=Not Present, O=Occasionally (0-33%), F=Frequently (34-66%), C=Constantly (67-100%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With more than 125 years of experience, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality. For more information, visit www.CBI.com.
Job Field: Crane
Job Schedule: Full-time
Employee Status: Direct
Travel Required: No
Job Posting: Nov 14, 2017, 4:41:51 PM
Requisition ID: 1710131
CB&I is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.