WestRock Rewind Operator in Allegan, Michigan
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
GENERAL PURPOSE : Complete the finishing portion of label production by transforming the product into a usable form through slitting, rewinding and counting, while doing 100% inspection of the labels.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
· Locates job to be rewound and reviews specifications.
· Sets up and adjusts machine for operation.
· Inspects for quality while machine is operating and adjusts as necessary.
· Removes product from machine for packaging.
· Places all scrap in appropriate container to ensure maximum security of product.
· Ensures total quality through use of good manufacturing practice and company standard operating procedures.
· Maintains housekeeping standards.
· Packages all products in appropriate containers.
· Labels all packages for shipment and places in secure holding area.
· Assists Press Assistants as needed.
· Provides support to meet department and company objectives by performing other duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability to read and write simple instructions, correspondence and memos.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Must have basic mathematical skills.
- Must be able to pass a basic reading test.
- Must pass color vision test.
- Must pass color hue test.
- Must be able to meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
· Must have good color perception and ability to pay high attention to detail.
· Must have intermediate computer skills (email, graphics, etc).
· Must be able to work well with others.
· Must have good problem solving ability.
· Must be able to work well in a high pressure environment.
- Must be able to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed; significant overtime may be required during busy periods.
- Must be able to flex schedule to meet the needs of production, including working a different shift if needed.
- Must be able to communicate clearly.
· Must have problem solving skills--both Mechanical and Computer.
· Must be able to perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
- WestRock Jobs