Texas Health Resources Certified Surgical Tech - 1:00pm-9:30pm Monday-Friday in Allen, Texas
Texas Health Allen seeks to hire a Certified Surgical Tech to work in the Surgery Department.
The address is 1105 Central Expressway North, TX, 75013
Salary range is Min. $20.51/hr to Max. $35.43/hr – based on relevant experience
• Full Time: 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday 1:00pm-9:30pm
Call required, response time is 30 minutes.
As a Surgical Tech with Texas Health Allen, you will assist in some minimally invasive procedures in Cardiovascular, Gastrointestinal Colectomy, General Surgery, Neuro/Spine, Oncology, and Orthopedic surgeries. We have 5 OR’s, 1 Cysto Suite, and 1 G.I. Suite and are currently in the process of renovating 2 OR’s and SPD/PACU. We offer hospital laundered scrubs and we get involved by participate in community volunteer projects twice a year.
The essential duties of this job are:
• Intra-operatively displays skills and behavior conducive to desirable outcome.
• Nursing Process: Assists in providing peri-operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics.
• Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
• Professional accountability: Assists as needed in coordinating patient care peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior in order to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
• Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties.
• Infection Control: Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
• Safety: Assists in delivering care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
• Continuous Improvement: Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service and cost effectiveness.
• Age Specific Care: Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older adult.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• H.S. Diploma or Equivalent and was employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology upon hire.
• At least one year current operating room experience preferred
• CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate of an accredited surgical tech program OR employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009 OR CST - Certified Surgical Technologies graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology within 2 Years OR LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse Upon Hire
• BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen is a 73-bed, acute-care hospital serving the northern Collin County area since 2000. Hospital services include women’s care, a Level II neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics, pediatrics, wound care and sleep medicine. Texas Health Allen, a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, has more than 500 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 25 specialties. Texas Health Allen is a World Health Organization-designated "Baby-Friendly Hospital" and was the first hospital in Texas to receive the distinction. The hospital is a Level IV trauma center and an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, which makes our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 th year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Texas Health Resources
- Texas Health Resources Jobs