CBRE Robotics Technician II in BESSEMER, Alabama
Robotics Technician II
Bessemer, Alabama, United States at https://cbre.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/60931/other-jobs-matching/location-only
Facilities Management/Engineering/Maintenance at http://cbre.referrals.selectminds.com/landingpages/facilities-managementengineeringmaintenance-2
Sep 13, 2019Post Date
Responsible for working within a 24x7 warehouse/logistics environment providing operations and maintenance services to support a fleet of robots. Primary responder to recover failed robot drive units and blocked pathways. Performs advanced maintenance on drive units, pods and stations. First responder to all robotic floor related break downs and issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responds to robotic system break downs.
Completes both basic and advanced preventative maintenance routines, documentation and procedures.
Basic troubleshooting of robotic drive units and software.
Logs detailed maintenance data.
Maintains and repairs distribution center mobile racking.
Metal and wood fabrications, including welding.
Assists, repairs, and maintains material handling equipment.
Tracks and stores the department's inventory, including spare parts.
Supports continuous improvement in department and DC.
Enters e-mail communication and date entry for database.
Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate work and assign tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Technical school certificate or AA in Electrical/Electronics. 5-7 years experience in Automated systems and controls required. Electrical knowledge of basics components.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations. Requires intermediate analytical and quantitative skills.
OTHER SKILLS and/orABILITIES
Basic skills with Microsoft Office Outlook.
1. Repetitive bending, crouching, kneeling, reaching, twisting, sitting, standing, and walking
2. Lifting parts and tools weighing on average 20 pounds, occasionally weighing up to 80 pounds
3. Dexterity in eye/hand coordination, feet (foot pedals) manual (picking, pinching, holding, grasping), and wrist motion (repetitive flexion/rotation)
4. Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes/odors, hot/cold temperatures, inside/outside noise, vibration, standing on concrete for long hours and wet or uneven surfaces
1. Electrical and electronic principles
2. Preventative maintenance procedures
3. Knowledge of PLC programs
4. PC competency, Word & Excel, Kindle Platforms and Windows OS
1. Desire to learn about and work with conveyor systems and client specific robots
2. Good mechanical and technical aptitude
3. Curious nature with a desire to learn, repair and troubleshoot material handling equipment (MHE)
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with general understanding of procedures and company policies to achieve set results and deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause short-term impact to co-workers and supervisor.
Responsible for personal safety and the safety of those who are affected by your work. This includes but is not limited to:
- Complete all required and assigned HSE training at a satisfactory level,
Follow all activity policies and procedures, including all HSE-related requirements at all times,
Participate in all HSE-related programs & activities as required, including incident investigations, interviews, auditing and assessment, etc.
- Report any conditions which you feel could result in an accident or injury and / or stop work if required.
US Company Profile
About CBRE (NYSE: CBRE): At CBRE, you are empowered to take your career path into your own hands. Enjoy workplace flexibility in a global organization with tremendous scale. Work in an inclusive and collaborative environment with supportive teammates. Come experience the employee advantage at CBRE.
CBRE has a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
As a Fortune 500 worldwide leader in real estate services, CBRE’s more than 90,000 professionals provide exceptional outcomes for clients in over approximately 480 offices worldwide. When it comes to real estate, CBRE sees potential everywhere. We turn scale into strength, expense into performance, and property into prosperity. Visit cbre.us.
- CBRE Jobs