Lockheed Martin Full-scale Aircraft Structural Test Engineer Senior Staff in Bethesda, Maryland
Description: The Structural Test Engineer will support the Structural Test Team by providing advice, assistance and guidance in developing the structural test setups needed at Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI) for the following Full-scale Structural Tests (including Airframe Structural Test, Air-loads Calibration Test and Ground Vibration Test). Candidate will also assist, as required, with support of the design effort for other test to be conducted at KAI. Candidate can deploy from their current location.
Technical guidance and assistance will be needed in the following areas:
• Reviewing test requirements
• Defining test fixture concept
o Test fixture frame
o Loading system concept & Layout
o Dummy structures
o Reaction structures
o Counter-balance system
• Defining restraint concept
• Reviewing test fixture strength analysis
• Reviewing test related drawings
• Defining load control system and data acquisition system requirements
• Defining actuator, manifold, and load cell requirements
• Providing advice, direction, and input on items within Ground Test Plans and Test Fixture design
Assist with overall technical planning of the following tests:
• Generating test load and counter balance load for static and durability test
• Support solution for technical issues of the tests
• Setting up the test
• Supervise or support conducting of tests
• Writing test plan, procedures and reports
Must be a US citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in an Engineering discipline
• 14 years experience in structural testing
• Must have experience with basis methods of stress analysis used for designing test fixture and loading systems.
• Experience with drawing practices, manufacturing practices and material selection and processing
• Must have functioned as a Lead Engineer or Test Conductor for a full scale or large component test program
• Proficient with CATIA or CAD
• Experience with Fighter aircraft programs preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.