ACLD Receptionist/Secretary in Bethpage, New York
Provide secretarial and administrative support to Day Services in Bethpage
- Essential Functions
• Answer the telephone throughout the day and transfer calls to proper staff or their designee, if appropriate.
• Meet and monitor the arrival of visitors, individuals we support, families and prospective employees. Ensure the sign-in/out sheet is being filled out properly by both visitors & staff. Also, ensure that appropriate staff members are informed when individuals we support are picked up/dropped off.
• Provide secretarial/clerical support which may include but is not limited to scheduling of conference rooms and setting up for events, setting up appointments, maintaining of calendars, updating rosters, billing, ordering and maintaining supplies, etc.
• Depending on the program, may also handle incoming and outgoing mail ensuring that all outgoing mail has the correct postage and all incoming mail is sorted and distributed to the appropriate persons, issue staff mailboxes and phone numbers, collect –co-payments, assist with billing,.
• Other duties, assigned based on Program needs
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Two years experience as receptionist/secretary preferred.
• Skill proficiency of typing speed of 50 WPM
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Strong organizational skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, including the ability to provide or obtain information, to interpret and advise to clarify understanding, to convey information in a manner that represents the agency in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments and to work collectively with agency personnel.
Requisition ID: 7549