Lockheed Martin Operations Supervisor, Aerostructures - 1st Shift in Bridgeport, Connecticut
Description: Sikorsky a Lockheed Martin Company is a world leader in the design and manufacture of advanced helicopters for commercial and military missions.
We are looking for an Aerostructure Supervisor who will provide Supervision and oversight to a team of hourly bargaining unit employees engaged in the major assemblies and complete aircraft structures. Ensure all components are completed according to blueprint requirements and delivered to the customer in a timely manner. Must be able to ensure accurate and thorough communications with key internal customers and employees.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for team’s productivity while adhering to safety, quality, schedule, and cost requirements
• Responsible for transition of work requirements between shifts
• Manage and approve employee(s) timekeeping in SAP
• Participate in meetings throughout the day
• Manage employee development; must be able to develop employees skills and prepare them for future job assignments.
• Responsible for continuous improvement initiatives while ensuring standard work and environmental, safety and health (ESH) requirements are met.
• Comply with all company ethics policies, principles, and practices
• Manage direct and indirect budget
• Selected candidate may be required to work 2nd or 3rd shift, as determined by management
Able to manage multiple priorities and be flexible
Strong influencing skills
Must be able to lead a team and manage/resolve employee conflict
Good at following and creating procedures
Operate in a team environment
Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills for use at all levels of the organization
Advanced abilities with Microsoft Office products, SAP, Solumina
Experience in working with represented employees
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.