Good Shepherd Services Group Leader - P. S. 676 in Brooklyn, New York
Good Shepherd Services is a leading multi-service agency with more than 85 programs that serve over 30,000 youth and families each year – and builds on their strengths to help them gain skills for success. At Good Shepherd we respect the dignity and worth of every person and reject intolerance, inequity and injustice in whatever form it may take. Voted one of the top 100 places to work in NYC by Crain’s New York, Good Shepherd Services offers a fantastic work environment, a collaborative team dedicated to fulfilling our mission, and an amazing array of benefits. Join our team and help make a difference!
Are you looking to make a difference in a child’s life? Do you love helping people reach their full potential? Do you want to feel good about the job you are doing? If you answered yes to all these questions then we want you to join our team! We are looking for a dynamic and compassionateGroup Leaderto be responsible for the overall leadership, planning and implementation of a summer program group for K-5 youth, including integrated educational projects, recreation, arts and crafts and group building activities.
Reports to:PROGRAM DIRECTOR, P.S. 676, Summit Academy
Location: 27 Huntington Street, Brooklyn, N.Y. 11231
Hours: Up to 18 Hours/Week; Non-Exempt
• Supervise all program participants in program and off site (trips)
• Plan and facilitate integrated learning, recreational, arts and developmental activities for youth.
• Collaborate with and direct program aides.
• Complete required documentation.
• Participate in training and staff development activities.
• Write and submit sequenced lesson plans in advance.
• Demonstrate effective classroom management skills.
• Ensure a safe and engaging classroom environment.
• Support Activity Instructors with lessons.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED and a minimum of two years of college or experience in related field required.
• Ability to lead and participate in group sports and recreation.
• Experience in developing group lesson plans or integrated learning packages.
• Must have a commitment to work from a strength-based and/or youth development perspective.
All staff are expected to be committed to the mission, vision, and values of Good Shepherd Services, which includes involvement in quality improvement activities and a willingness and ability to work within a culturally diverse environment.
Good Shepherd Services is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, participants, volunteers, subcontractors, and vendors. We do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services.
Job Title: Group Leader - P. S. 676
Employment Type: Part time
Date Posted: 06/11/2018
Requisition ID: 2813