State of Minnesota Student Technology Service Desk Agent - College Laboratory Asst 1 in Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
This position is to provide basic technical support, technology repair and maintenance to students throughout Hennepin Technical College with primary first response support for technology in the Library, Student Computer Lab and Commons Computer Labs. This position will monitor computer lab work study students, monitor technology activities, assist with technology planning to ensure technology service support practices are followed. Assist throughout the campus with computer and audio/visual support requests and setups as needed and provide technical training to students ensuring needs are met for a diverse and inclusive student population.
Specific duties include:
- Provide customer service as the first point of contact for the student help desk and primary support for the Library and Student Computer Lab
- Provide technical support and training to students
- Assist with the installation, troubleshooting, preventive maintenance, and escalation (as needed) of computer and A/V hardware and software incidents/requests
NOTE: Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
PLEASE NOTE: To be qualified for this position, you must meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. Ensure that your resume contains descriptions of your work experiences sufficient for comparison against the requirements stated below.
- Possess a post-secondary or industry certificate/diploma/degree in computer applications such as computer sciences/technology, computer networking, or desktop applications;
- OR 6 months of teaching/tutoring experience in computer applications such as computer sciences/technology, computer networking, or desktop applications at the high school level or above;
- OR 2 years of work experience in computer applications such as computer sciences/technology, computer networking, or desktop applications;
- OR an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Knowledge and 1 or more year experience supporting computer hardware and software, including Windows network systems and applications and procedures used to support operational and academic technology
- Knowledge and 1 or more year experience supporting Windows and MAC based operating systems and Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge and 1 or more year experience supporting computer lab equipment/software, policies, techniques and safety standards sufficient to instruct others
- Skill and knowledge in installing and performing maintenance on computer and/or A/V equipment
- Current industry certification (A+, Net+, ITIL Foundations)
Founded in 1972, Hennepin Technical College is the largest technical college in Minnesota. With campuses in Brooklyn Park and Eden Prairie, Hennepin Technical College has a diverse student population of nearly 20,000 and offers degree and non-degree coursework in over 45 programs. Achieving a 98% job placement rate within its network of industry partners, Hennepin Technical College prepares students for in-demand and high-paying employment opportunities Hennepin Technical College is a member of Minnesota State, which includes 30 community and technical colleges and seven state universities serving approximately 400,000 students. It is the fourth-largest system of two-year colleges and four-year universities in the United States.
In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Employment information for this position can be found in its collective bargaining agreement or its plan document at http://mn.gov/mmb/employee-relations/labor-relations/Labor.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Jill Kirschner at email@example.com or 763-488-2486.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance is needed.
Job Title: Student Technology Service Desk Agent - College Laboratory Asst 1
Location: Brooklyn Park
Job ID: 24303
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 06/11/2018
Closing Date: Open until filled
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota State / Hennepin Technical College
Hiring Agency: Minnesota State / Hennepin Technical College
Appointment Type: Unlimited, Full-time
Work Shift: Day Shift
Work Hours: Day Shift
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $16.58 - $22.84/hourly; $34,619 - $47,689/annually
Job Class Option: Computer Applications
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 207 - Technical/AFSCME
Job Class: College Laboratory Assistant 1
Working Title: Student Technology Service Desk Agent