WestRock Industrial Maintenance Technician in Brownstown Charter Township, Michigan
WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock’s 50,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 320 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com .
Industrial Maintenance Technician - Brownstown, MI
19661 Brownstown Center Dr., Ste 600
Brownstown Twp, Michigan, 48183
Opportunity: Maintain machinery and equipment, concentrating on electro - mechanical systems to ensure OEM quality and operational excellence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Equipment includes Corrugator, Flexo Printers, Rotary die cutters, Folder Gluer’s
• Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
• PLC experience a plus along with electrical trouble shooting including drives, contactors, relay logic, etc.
• Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
• Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
• Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts using rules, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
• Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
• Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
• Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipts using all CMMS.
• Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Provides maintenance information by using CMMS.
• Provide training and guidance to other Maintenance Techs to improve overall department performance.
• Prepares maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
• Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Exhibit WestRock values in all facets of the job: Integrity, Respect, Accountability, and Excellence.
Initiative and Zeal,
Knows how to deal with uncertainty,
Proper use of power tools,
Attention to detail,
EDUCATION and / or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or GED; some college or training in a technical field preferred.
A minimum of 5 years experience in Industrial Maintenance
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Proficient in English; excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
Excellent general math skills
Ability to trouble shoot, schedule and plan maintenance.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift 50lbs
Must be able to sit / stand for extended periods of time
Must have finger dexterity for typing and keyboard use
Overtime maybe required. Consistent and regular attendance required.
If this sounds great to you and you think you fit in, please submit your application. We want to hear from you!
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Industrial Maintenance Technician
Michigan-Brownstown Charter Township
- WestRock Jobs