AdventHealth Licensed Practical Nurse in Calhoun, Georgia
Licensed Practical Nurse AdventHealth Gordon
Location Address: Adult and Peds Calhoun, GA
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Gordon
· Five-star Rating, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
· Top 100 Community Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
· Top 100 Rural Hospitals, Becker’s Hospital Review
· Located in the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains
· Co-workers that feel like family
You Will Be Responsible For:
· The LPN practices in accordance to the established Georgia Nurse Practice Act and law.
· The LPN is responsible for maintaining general mandatories established by Gordon Hospital and any clinic specific mandatories, as deemed necessary for practice within that setting.
· The LPN is responsible for legal, ethical practice. The nurse serves as a patient advocate in accordance with the patient bill of rights. Is responsible for compliance with regulatory standards pertinent to nursing practice.
· Assists in coordinating and providing quality patient-focused care in a physician’s clinic. This includes some oversight in coordinating daily back office operations with medical assistants and other back office support staff.
· Places the patients in the examining room ensuring they are as comfortable as possible.
What You Will Need:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Associates Degree or equivalent specific to Licensed Practice Nurse.
· Minimum six (6) months experience in medical office. Proficiency must be attained via on-the-job training, and orientation, within 3 months.
· Current LPN License issued by the state of Georgia
The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) works under the direct supervision of the physician, mid-level licensed provider, and in cooperation with other office staff in assisting with safe and effective patient care in compliance with established standards and protocols of Gordon Physicians Group, Gordon Hospital, and Adventist Health Systems’ goals and objectives.
Responsible for routine back office functions including the maintenance of patient flow, exam room preparation and turnover, bringing patients back to exam room, taking and recording basic medical history, and assisting the physicians and/or nurse as needed.
Responsible for retrieving, routing, and assisting with provider/nurse messages in regard to patient telephone calls, messages, and call backs; appointment scheduling; and prescription refills as directed by the physician and/or provider.
Additional responsibilities include clinical compliance in sterilization techniques, sample medication oversight and compliance, OSHA requirements, and any other compliance standards required within the clinical realm of the practice.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs