Vencore Systems Engineer I (Entry Level Professional) in Chantilly, Virginia
Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The primary objective of this Intelligence Community contract is to provide integration and closure; foundational system engineering processes; mission assurance; service management; Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE); & Verification, Validation and Transition (VV&T) systems engineering and technical support services to an Intelligence Community customer that will enable it to execute its responsibilities efficiently and effectively while ensuring mission success.
The team is responsible for overseeing the acquisition-level closure of requirements; overseeing system level readiness events in support of enterprise, system and acquisition-level milestones; leading and supporting project planning; assessing schedule and risk; maintaining the document configuration management baseline; providing technical support for the planning and execution of enterprise and system-level verification, validation and transition activities for national assets; generating and presenting engineering briefings; and interfacing with numerous customers. Additionally, Perspecta is responsible for configuring, operating, and maintaining the customer’s Systems Engineering business process tools as well as developing an integrated approach to implement Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
The candidate will support various GEOINT, SIGINT, COMM, or Shared Services & Mission App systems by coordinating, supporting and assessing requirements, conops and architecture products, assessing system schedule and risks, supporting test and verification strategy and system integration of new initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities. The candidate will support various service and system readiness events and independent review teams and is required to have strong systems engineering background. The candidate will interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and users, and support technical consultation, meeting coordination, and support to recommendation briefings. The candidate may have daily interaction with the customer and supporting contractors, and will need to follow customer standards and processes as the program matures through the life cycle.
Activities supported may include, but are not limited to:
(1) evaluation of architecture, requirements, and conops products for System or Enterprise impacts;
(2) definition of VV&T activities and associated VV&T products (e.g., strategies, plans, Requests for Change (RFC), procedures, checklists, RVTMs, briefings, etc.) for new and modified mission and service capabilities;
(3) configuration management and the customer's ERB process, Risk, Issues and Opportunity Management boards, enterprise and system readiness, schedule management, and information and mission assurance of new systems or services in support of expanded mission capabilities.
Requires 0 to 2 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years no degree.
• Space domain knowledge (GEOINT, SIGINT, Communication, Ground Systems, Shared Services & Mission Apps)
• Familiarity with the Intelligence Community, and associated government agencies
• Proven track record of success within the government, military, or defense industry
• Ability to lead and influence
• Strong business acumen; ability to relate professionally with customers and colleagues
• Robust written and verbal communication
• Responsible and reliable; follow up on actions and the ability to multi task
• A passion for learning, helping others, sharing team knowledge, and contributing value to the mission in any way possible
Offer will be contingent upon candidate's abilitly to successfully obtain a TS//SCI with Polygraph clearance. Program has ability to sponsor initial clearances.
Submit employee referral
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply?for general consideration.
Req # 2018-51498
# of Openings 5
Job Location US-Chantilly-VA
Clearance No Clearance Required