National Archives and Records Administration HR Specialist (Information Systems) in College Park, Maryland
In this position you will serve as a HR Specialist (Information Systems) in Strategy, Analysis, & Automation Branch (HPS) of the Office of Human Capital (H).
Who May Apply:*NARA* EMPLOYEES ONLY: You may apply if you are a NARA employee with career or career conditional status or if you are employed by NARA under a special appointing authority such as the Disabilities Program, etc.
Learn more about this agency
The incumbent participates in implementing Human Resources related e-Government initiatives such as use of automated systems for e-recruitment, payroll and personnel, time and attendance, reporting tool, case tracking, etc.
The incumbent is responsible for conducting all aspects of administration of assigned system(s), including assisting contractor in the development of new modules and enhancements, as well as ensuring appropriate personnel are kept apprised of enhancements and trained on new modules.
- #### Job family (Series)
0201 Human Resources Management
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or National.
- Males born after 12/31/59 must be registered for or exempt from Selective Service.
- Background and/or Security Investigation required
- One position. This position will be filled in either College Park, MD or Spanish Lake, MO. The salary range reflects GS-13 step 1 ot the St. Louis, MO locality and GS-13 step 10 of the Washington, DC locality.
GS-13 - Candidates must have had one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least GS-12 grade level. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to perform successfully the duties of the position as described above, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled.
Examples of specialized experience for this grade level include: experience equivalent to the GS-12 level using Federal HR laws, regulations, principles, policies, and practices in administering automated systems for e-recruitment, payroll and personnel, time and attendance, reporting tools, case tracking, or similar automated systems; establishing user access and creating user profiles; developing new modules and enhancements; preparing system instructions and training employees; ensuring database accuracy by reviewing current and establishing new edits, sampling data, developing reports for verification of data; identifying systems inconsistencies/problems and relaying to service provider(s) for corrections; and identifying required modifications that must be accomplished by vendor service.
Please refer to the Office of Personnel Management's, Operating Manual: Qualifications Standards for General Schedule Positions for further information http://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=GS-ADMIN
Merit promotion applicants must meet time in grade requirements as defined in 5 CFR 300, Subpart F. One year at the GS-12 level is required to meet the time-in-grade requirement for the GS-13 level.
You must meet all of the qualifications and eligibility requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies if they occur within 90 days.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
- Customer Service
- Execution and Results
- Influences/Negotiates with Others
- Interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of HR Information Systems
- Problem Solving
- Utilizes Computer Technology
Based on the information you provided in your application package, we will assign you to one of three quality categories - Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Those applicants who are determined to be best qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Public Trust - Background Investigation
- Required Documents
You must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your resume showing job title, series and grade (if Federal), duties, hours worked per week, starting and ending dates of employment (month and year), and salary;
- Responses to Assessment Questionnaire.
- Other supporting documents:
- Responses to Occupational Questionnaire.
- SF-50 or Notification of Personnel Action: Non-award action showing you are/were in the competitive service and the highest grade or promotion potential held. It should also show the length of time you have been in your current/highest grade and that supports your claim for time-in-grade.
- Most recent annual performance appraisal showing the official rating of record, signed by a supervisor, or statement why the performance appraisal is unavailable. Do not submit a performance plan, mid-year progress review, or Interim rating. Failure to submit any of the applicable above mentioned documents may result in loss of consideration due to an incomplete application package. It is your responsibility to ensure all required documents have been submitted.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below.
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on 07/19/2018 to receive consideration.
- To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
- Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documents to be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
- After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
- You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application. To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://login.usajobs.gov/Account/Login); all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear, along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
?To preview the assessment questionnaire: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10257262.
If you are unable to apply online, you must request an alternative application which is available from the Human Resources Office. Please contact Joseph Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (314) 801-9245 to obtain an alternative application.
Agency contact information
OFFICE OF HUMAN CAPITAL 8601 Adelphi Road Suite 5100 College Park, MD US
Learn more about this agency
Once the online questionnaire is received, you will receive an acknowledgement email that your submission was successful. We will review your resume and transcript(s) (if appropriate) to ensure you meet the basic qualification requirements. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the information provided and may interview the best-qualified applicants. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability and/or security background investigation. A final job offer for this position is typically made within 40 days after the closing date of the announcement.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/504880700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 07/13/2018 to 07/19/2018
Salary: $88,084 to $126,062 per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 13
Work schedule: Full-Time
Appointment type: Permanent