Veritas System Engineer - Partner Solutions SE in Columbus, Ohio
Partner Solution Engineer Description This job is primarily a presales role working directly with the Partner Sales Organization to drive revenue across all Veritas solution offerings via an indirect sales model. Business will be developed and revenue generated working directly with Veritas partner community in a sell to and sell through sales processes. The individual must develop an understanding of the overall Veritas portfolio at a “generalist” technical level. In addition, the person must possess the ability to create business solutions that deliver a business impact for our partners and customers. The Partner Solutions Engineer must have strong communication skills and the ability to discuss solution offerings from both a technical and business aspect. Additionally, the individual should have experience in or developing the ability to perform consultative whiteboard sessions and half/full day workshops within specific solution stacks (Disaster Recovery / High Availability, Governance / Compliance, Infrastructure, Data Intelligence, Data Protection, Analytics, or Cloud). Key Responsibilities:
Support Partner Sales Rep(s) with an assigned partner/customer base and developing/growing the partner network
- Develop strong relationships within assigned partners as at technical, sales, and management level
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the partner business model/plan and work with their sales team members to develop a plan in direct alignment with the partner’s goals
- Serve as the technical leader and subject matter expert for the Partner Sales Representative(s). The Partner Solutions Engineer will interface with the Partner Sales Team, Enterprise Sales and the company's internal organizations as necessary
- Be a source of technical information (education / knowledge sharing) to the partners and partner sales for the assigned national partners and district/region
- Participate in ongoing sales campaigns to eliminate technical barriers and drive revenue Travel:
- Travel can be up to 40% depending on assigned geography and partner alignment. Qualifications:
- 5+ years of work experience in IT (manufacturer, partner, or customer based)
- Must understand the foundational aspects of a datacenter and cloud architecture in respect to information life cycle management, business applications, hardware infrastructure, etc.
- Strong communications, customer relationship skills, and executive-level presence
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .