Citi Branch Manager - Connecticut Area in Connecticut
Primary Location: United States,Connecticut
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Job Function: Sales
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 19002726
Citibank delivers a wide array of banking, lending and investment services to individual consumers, as well as to small businesses. Our U.S. Branch Network is comprised of over 700 branches across 12 states complemented by 24-7 access to customer service through a network of fee-free ATMs, CitiPhone Banking®, Citibank Online and Citi Mobile. Citibank's products and services cover a wide range of client banking needs including basic banking (checking and savings accounts, investment products), mortgages, small business, commercial banking, investment advisory services, and financial needs and analysis tools to enable Citibank to bring tailored solutions to every client.
The Branch Manager is responsible for providing superior client experience in the branch while delivering results that align with business objectives; developing sales plans that are aligned with overall business targets and priorities to achieve goals; inspiring and creating a motivating environment through activity-based coaching and performance development; ensuring clients receive excellent service through ongoing coaching and monitoring of staff activities and direct interactions with clients; and monitoring and adhering to operational controls, including legal, corporate and regulatory policies and procedures to ensure the safety and security of customer and bank assets.
• Develop and execute integrated sales, relationship, and credit strategies that are aligned with the Area business plan to achieve desired revenue, expense and service goals.
• Set expectations for branch staff, fostering an environment in which team members work together to achieve all business goals.
• Support portfolio growth by identifying cross-sell opportunities, coaching the team to deepen relationships and increase client acquisition.
• Drive individual production goals with target clients and outbound sales activities, including building referral network and relationships with internal partners and external contacts.
• Integrate segment partners (e.g. Commercial and Small Business, Home Lending, Financial Advisors, Citigold) into the branch team to drive sales and ensure that all client expectations are met.
• Leverage workforce planning tool to optimize staffing in branches to ensure effective lobby and line management to provide exceptional client service.
• Conduct "daily proof processes" to ensure adherence to operational requirements; investigate controllable losses among branch staff; provide coaching and manage performance on decisions used. Partner with Area Operations Director in conducting quarterly and ad hoc reviews.
• Drive outbound sales activities including: representing Citi and building partnerships in the community (e.g., Chamber of Commerce, community alliances, business networks, local officials), and working with Business and Commercial Bankers, Segment Market Managers, the Market President, and Community Relations. Lead hiring process and coordinate performance management, compensation, communication and employee evaluation of branch staff.
The information listed within this description summary is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive account of all the responsibilities, and/or minimum qualifications required of an employee assigned to this position.
• Bachelors' degree preferred
• Proven track record of driving sales, both individually and as a leader of a sales team
• Sales management experience; ability to build teams
• Minimum 5 years in banking; strong understanding of banking industry and operations
• People management experience (preferred)
• Demonstrated success influencing and managing in a matrix environment.
• Business Banking, and cash/ treasury management experience, credit skills (preferred)
• Client service orientation
• Organizational and time management skills
• Optimistic, can-do attitude
• Desire to win, results-oriented, strong work ethic
• Able to respond effectively and timely to organizational, business and regulatory changes, tenacious
This position requires the employee to register as a mortgage loan originator with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry ("Registry") and obtain a unique identifier from the Registry before engaging in mortgage loan originator activities, to maintain and renew that registration on an annual basis, to update registration information with the Registry on a timely basis, and to provide that unique identifier to consumers as required by applicable SAFE Act regulations and City policies and procedures.
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
- Citi Jobs