HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Director of Pharmacy (Horizon) in Dickson, Tennessee
THE COMPANY:Take your career in the right direction – join us at HealthTrust. Amidst the fast-changing dynamics of healthcare within HealthTrust and our parent company (HCA – Hospital Corporation of America), come work as a Director of Pharmacy to put into practice sustainable, practical solutions that will ultimately transform patient care and the communities we support. More than 1,600 hospitals have partnered with HealthTrust to lower expenses and improve outcomes across healthcare operations. HealthTrust delivers supply chain, workforce, and clinical integration services to help healthcare providers improve performance with superior pricing and operator-driven practices. This is accomplished by hiring professionals like you! A seven-time recipient of a “Champion for Change” award from Practice Greenhealth, HealthTrust actively encourages and enables ecologically responsible purchasing alongside fully embracing a culture of integrity and a code of ethics. *THE POSITION:
• Seeking a full-timeDirector of Pharmacywho drives efforts to ensure compliance with JCAHO requirements, Drug Enforcement Administration, State Board of Pharmacy, hospital policies and procedures as well as other Federal and State regulations. • Individual who proactively recommends innovations in the practice and function of the hospital Pharmacy Department to Administration and executes mutually agreed upon programs. • Establishes productivity and patient satisfaction goals and objectives in alignment with senior leaders. • Enjoys hands-on responsibilities to maintain appropriate controls for effective departmental operations while monitoring quality and assessing improvement data. • Sets priorities, exercises professional judgment, makes critical decisions, and quickly responds to client needs. • Astute in financial management – applies tools and processes to successfully manage drug cost budget in conjunction with clinical protocols.
Horizon Medical Center – Dickson, TN * Dickson, 40 miles west of Nashville is a desirable location for people looking to live within driving distance of Nashville, yet prefer a more laid-back, small-town setting. * Recreation: The area's rich agriculture industry is vital to its economy and includes several family farms that double as tourism destinations and special event venues. Many outdoor recreation options await at the 3,700-acre Montgomery Bell State Park, which has 12 miles of hiking trails and three lakes. * Arts/Culture:Year round theatrical performances, arts classes and community festivals keep Dickson County residents entertained all year. *WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
To attract the best talent, HealthTrust offers one of the leading 401(k) plans in the healthcare industry (a 100% match on up to 9% of pay based on years of vesting service). Tuition Reimbursement program for individuals seeking higher education. Generous annual incentive bonus program. Professional growth and advancement. Network of other highly skilled Directors of Pharmacy to work and collaborate with across sister facilities and multiple divisions.
- Bachelor of Science degree or PharmD from an ACPE (Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education) School of Pharmacy.
- Current Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
- Current Consultant Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy.
- Minimum of two or more years supervisory or leadership experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of pathophysiology, interpretation of diagnostic criteria, pharmacokinetics and pharamacotherapeutics as well as the use and application of new medications and technology.
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Director of Pharmacy (Horizon)
Location: Tennessee-Dickson-Horizon Medical Center
Requisition ID: 07847-15573