City of Hope Contract Administrator - Legal in Duarte, California
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 5,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's 20 leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Under general supervision, provides intermediate administrative support to the department's Director and professional staff. Resolves routine inquiries utilizing knowledge of policies and procedures. Applies some advanced skills to the position. Assists in compiling and analyzing some basic information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials; may prepare charts, graphs or tables as necessary. General supervision requiring general instructions for routine work and detailed instructions for new assignments. Routine work is typically reviewed throughout the entire process.
Contract Processing , including without limitation:
- Performing due diligence for incoming contract packets to ensure compliance to City of Hope Contract Review and Approval Policy, Signature Authority/Hierarchy Policy, Independent Contractors, Including Consultants, Use of Policy, and other policies that may apply.
- Scanning/entering compliant contracts into the contract management system.
- Analyzing bond submission questionnaire; tracking data entry, requesting attorney's input, if applicable, and entering data received by Legal.
Customer Service , including without limitation:
- Responding to emails and telephone calls from users.
- Applying applicable policies, procedures, and practices to resolve a variety of new and routine issues, relying on experience and judgment with general supervision.
- Assisting users with questions regarding Contract Guidelines, City of Hope Contract Review and Approval Policy, Signature Authority/Hierarchy Policy, and Independent Contractors, Including Consultants, Use of Policy, and other applicable policies.
- Creating/running custom reports from the contract management system for responsible parties, access rights, and for ad hoc requests.
- Training users on process and procedures applicable to processing contracts into the contract management system.
- Assisting users with questions on submitting/approving requests for Legal or departmental review.
- Assisting in maintaining accurate, up-to-date training materials, and applicable forms per Contract Management policy.
Prioritizing projects under direction of supervisor.
Quality Control/Quality Assurance , including without limitation:
- Tracking/monitoring contract database for quality control on vendor name, duplicate records, user access, contract types, and department names.
Other duties in support of department's functioning, as assigned
- Contract Processing
- Customer Service
- Quality Control/Quality Assurance
- Other duties in support of department's functioning, as assigned
Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, includingadherence to theworkplaceCode of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Two years post high school trade, business or professional school. Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements.
- 2-4 years responsible administrative experience in a professional environment.
- Bachelor's Degree. Experience may substitute for preferred education requirements
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to details, accuracy and follow-through is a must
- Upbeat personality and self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task and work in a team environment
Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Writer
- MediTract®or similar contract management system
- DocuSign or similar electronic signature technology
- Other similar or related contract administration software/database
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.