Fortive Corporation Wastewater Technician in Fayetteville, North Carolina
The position is with Specialty Product Technologies (SPT). Specialty Product Technologies (SPT) has grown to be a global leader as a core technology company comprised of several strong product lines. SPT designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products, services, and technologies to deliver manufacturing/operational efficiencies, cost-effective solutions, and high-quality products demanded by today’s industrial automation marketplace.
Every SPT product line has earned a “best in class” reputation and has been built on a solid foundation of achievement over a long period of time with proven reliability in the most rigorous and demanding applications. Each product line is considered essential components in the markets and applications they serve.
Founded in 1901 as the Veeder Manufacturing Company, the company joined the Danaher portfolio in 1986 and has continued to grow. Today, SPT is part of the Fortive Corporation. The SPT product lines encompass the solid brands of Eagle Signal, Joslyn Clark, Namco Controls, Superior Electric, Thomson Nyliner, and Veeder-Root. SPT product lines can be found in a wide variety of applications and industries.
perate and maintain the wastewater treatment facility in accordance with all environmental regulatory laws, rules and regulations.
• Maintain the day to day operational activities of the plating and wastewater treatment facilities
• Collect samples, conduct preliminary tests, calculate and adjust chemical dosages, make equipment or process adjustments
• Monitor operation by taking readings and recording results according to regulations.
• Coordinate and implement immediate corrective actions (where possible) for situations adversely affecting the Process Sub-Plant or Wastewater Treatment Department
• Monitor problems adversely affecting product quality, output or environmental compliance.
• Ensure that all data with regards to wastewater reporting and tracking is provided as requested on or before due dates.
• Assist and help coordinate emergency response conditions such as, chemical spills, building fires and employee evacuations.
• Ensure that laboratory tests for environmental compliance are conducted in a timely manner and that immediate needs identified from these analyses are addressed.
• Ensure all inspections for environmental compliance, with regards to wastewater treatment, are performed and documented.
• Support the needs of the outside wastewater treatment business
• HS Diploma with a minimum of 3 years experience working in a wastewater facility
• NCDENR Wastewater ORC Designation (Required) *applicants without designation will be required to obtain it within 6 mths of accepting the position
• Strong oral and written communication skills Strong technical acumen
• Highly motivated, energetic, and creative Lean Manufacturing experience.
Fortive Corporation Overview:
Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com .
Job: Manufacturing / Operations
Primary Location: North America-United States-NC-Elizabethtown
Other Locations: North America-United States-NC-Wilmington, North America-United States-NC-Fayetteville
Organization: Specialty Products
EEO Statement: "The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Fortive Corporation. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as a ""Fortive Company."" Fortive Corporation and all Fortive Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should call 1-866-272-5573 or e-mail email@example.com to request accommodation."
Req ID: SPE000195