Broad River Furniture Learning and Development Specialist - VIP in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Broad River Retail d/b/a Ashley HomeStore, one of the Carolinas and Georgia’s fastest growing licensees of Ashley HomeStores is looking for an energetic and passionate individual to fill an exciting role as we expand our Learning and Development Team!
As the Learning and Development Specialist, you will be responsible for all training goals and objectives for our Home Furnishings Associates as they begin their career with Broad River Retail and continue the ongoing development and training throughout their first 101 days with us. The Learning and Development Specialist will train, support, coach, and develop our new Home Furnishing Associates while overseeing the day-to-day experience of new hires as they transition from new hire orientation through training to full time Home Furnishing Associates on our sales floors. The Learning and Development Specialist’s main focus is training our new hires and providing continuing and remedial education throughout our 101-day process.
The Learning and Development Specialist must be able to work a flexible schedule as business needs demand in order to conduct training needed at various locations. The successful training of team members directly affects key business metrics like Employee Attrition, Sales performance, Customer satisfaction and Productivity.
- Work closely with our Sr. Manager, Human Capital Learning as well as our General Managers to support an effective employee training program that promotes a positive work environment from the team members first day
- New Hire training & continuing education for Home Furnishings Consultants
- Coordinate training schedules for all incoming team members
- Project strong leadership skills (including meeting facilitation, time management, coaching and mentoring both in a classroom as well as one on one training and ability to influence others) and demonstrate a high degree of collaboration with peers & team members
- Loves learning and has a passion for teaching / developing in a professional setting
- Self-motivated, ambitious, problem solver, someone who is flexible/adaptive to change
- Assist with training for various programs including company’s sales process, CRM training, Sales Techniques and various programs to support in the steps through the sales process
- Must be highly organized, able to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Coaches and mentors sales team members on quality and productivity
- Provides follow-up coaching to new employees
- 4+ years’ experience in training/instruction position is a plus but not a requirement
- Strong computer skills including advance knowledge of PowerPoint & Excel
- Ability to motivate a team to meet and exceed business objectives
- Proven ability to lead, direct and coach others
- Detail orientation and able to handle multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule according to business needs potentially including nights and weekends
- Must be willing and able to travel 75% - 90% of the time throughout NC, SC and GA HomeStore locations with regular trips to our Fort Mill Corporate Campus
Keyword: retail, sales, training, trainer, sales trainer, sales development, development, corporate trainer, store trainger, retail, leader, manager, management, sales manager, sales management
From: Broad River Furniture