Staples HR Business Specialist in Framingham, Massachusetts
Description The HR Specialist (HRS) will provide support to the HR Business Consultant and work primarily with managers and supervisors for a business unit. The HRS will become a valued contributor by managing the delivery of our HR policies, executing business specific projects and initiatives relating to people and programs.
The HRS will provide support for management teams and associates by answering routine requests for information on HR policies, programs and processes.
The HRS will be responsible for designated projects, helping to execute programs to support HR and business priorities. The focus of this role is on tactical and execution activities and this person should be recognized as an HR resource and subject matter expert.
• Assist HRBC in execution of key HR programs and objectives
• Workforce Planning: Support HRBC in action planning for staffing of positions and initiatives, assist managers with the talent acquisition process
• Talent Development: Partner with HRBC to communicate and deliver training solutions to address associate skill, knowledge and leadership gaps. Provide project support for various talent management initiatives and projects as needed. Facilitate training sessions related to assigned programs or section areas as needed
• Associate Engagement: Understand associate needs using focus groups, exit interviews etc. to help promote satisfaction and maintain an inclusive, union free environment.
• Reporting: Maintain and provide various human resources reporting and tracking
• Facilitate Performance Management processes
• Drive a high performance culture through effective implementation and follow-up of performance management processes and tools that ensure fair and equitable treatment of all associates
• Consult on performance improvement plans and performance management with managers and supervisors
• Understand Associate Relations issues and provide counsel to the business. Partner with the HRBC and/or Associate Relations team to effectively resolve issues in a timely manner
• Liaison between Centers Of Excellence (COEs) and the supported business unit
• Partner with Talent Acquisition including Diversity TA (where appropriate) on recruiting processes, headcount management, candidate offers, internship opportunities and recruiting events
• Partner with Compensation on candidate offers, promotional offers and job evaluations
• Resource for managers and associates to escalate HR issues (pay, benefits, leave of absence). Direct to HR Services to effectively resolve in a timely manner.
• Bachelor’s Degree Required, preferably in HR Management, Organizational Psychology, Business or related discipline
• PHR /SPHR certification preferred
• A minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in a tactical Human Resources function or related field, which includes supporting multiple levels of management in a fast-paced work environment
• HR experience with emphasis in change management, performance management, inclusive leadership practices and organizational effectiveness
• Business acumen
• Problem solving skills
• Consulting, facilitating and project management skills
• Cultural competence - must be able to work effectively and professionally with a diverse workforce
• Demonstrate a collaborative approach while identifying and solving issues
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.