Cognosante QA Testing Manager in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Travel: 50% (if not located in specified location)
Remote work option: No
The Quality Assurance (QA) Testing Manager will be part of a larger team that supports a multi-vendor healthcare information technology (IT) project for the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. He/she will work collaboratively with the client, vendors, and the Cognosante team n creating the test management plan, leading the development and execution of test scripts, tracking and reporting testing issues / defects, and any other items. He/She will work with the project team to fully understand the test cases and the requirements they represent and will oversee the process for testing and evaluation of all project initiatives – including the identification of any issues in software or services. The QA Testing Manager will analyze discrepancies in service or performance and make recommendations for product or service updates. He/She will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
As necessary, the QA Testing Manager will help with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to plan and organize UAT, coordinate and monitor testing, monitor defects, create defect reports, and work with vendors and the state to resolve the defects/bugs. He/She will ensure software testing is done on-time and as planned and will notify management about bottle-necks and other issues and risks.
Additional duties include:
- Coordinate testing efforts for all system modules to support new implementations, system modifications, and continuity of operations
- Develop the Test Plan for integrations between modules
- Oversee test case and test script development and approval for modules and module integration testing efforts
- Facilitate test environment setup
- Coordinate defect management efforts for modules and module integration testing efforts
- Work in cooperation with the client, module vendors, and the Cognosante team.
- Ensure all testing follows industry best practices
- Participate in Disaster Recovery testing
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of experience
- Minimum six years of experience with planning and executing all phases of system testing – unit testing, system testing, integration testing, user acceptance testing, regression testing, performance testing
- Experience with and expertise in selection and use of automated test tools and other testing-related tools
- Experience managing test teams comprising individuals from multiple organizations
- Experience as a Test Lead on one or more Eligibility, Medicaid, or Health and Human Services (HHS) IT projects
- Minimum five years’ experience in Federal and State health and human services (HHS) programs (i.e., SNAP, TANF, Child Support, Care Management, EHR, WIC, EBT, Child Care, Medicaid, CHIP)
Candidates that do not meet the minimum qualifications will not be considered
- Ability to develop effective, positive working relationships with both internal and external contacts
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and MS Office products, e.g. Word, Excel and online applications
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of Six Sigma, CMM, CMMi and other industry standards
- Defect/bug management and familiarity with defect management tools (Bugzilla, JIRA etc.)
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Familiarity with requirements traceability matrices and how they map to testing/test cases
- Experience with User Acceptance Testing preferred
- Creating testing requirements from design documents, functional requirements etc.
- Testing phases, testing entrance and exit criteria
- Testing data creation and maintenance
- Familiarity with development tools and development languages
Cognosante’s Consulting Services has been helping states implement and manage the complex health and human services (HHS) programs for 27 years. CCS supports implementation and management of MMIS, Integrated Eligibility, Behavioral Health, Child Welfare and Women Infants and Children (WIC) systems. Our consultants understand the business of health and human services and support state and federal agencies to plan, design, develop, implement, operate and enhance their information systems to increase efficiency, effectiveness, accessibility and responsiveness and protect and promote the health, safety and well-being of the citizens they serve.
We’re on a mission to transform our country’s healthcare system.
Each of our 1,700+ colleagues across the United States plays a role in transforming the lives of millions of Americans. This mission drives us - and it adds meaning to what we do, each and every day. Our passion for serving public health programs, and for engaging consumers more directly with the healthcare system, runs deep.
Passion for what we do. Pride in how we do it.
Cognosante was founded to address a critical gap in the health IT market – the need for a smart, nimble company, unencumbered by legacy systems and unafraid to challenge accepted wisdom. Experience grounds us; innovation drives us. For almost 30 years, we’ve worked to find progressive solutions to complex problems.
We help state Medicaid agencies navigate healthcare reform. We provide community-based assistance to Americans as they enroll in healthcare coverage. And we dream of, design, and develop IT solutions meant to disrupt the status quo and connect the dots between patients, plans, providers, and payers. We are the best minds on health - and we’re looking to grow our team.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of millions? Join us.
Highlighted Benefits for Full-time Employees
•Medical • Dental • Vision • 401k • Flexible Spending Accounts • Paid Time Off • Work/Life Solutions • Pet Insurance
Cognosante is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.