General Electric Quality Leader - CN in Homewood, Illinois
The Quality Leader (QL) develops and maintains field service operation quality systems, rules, and processes. The QL measures, monitors and evaluates the quality of maintenance and repair operations for key Class 1 railroad operations. The QL initiates corrective actions and projects to address issues identified and to move the entire organization towards continuous improvement. The QL also serves as the point of contact for any quality issues identified in field or in manufacturing.
• Develop business metrics to accurately reflect performance and to effectively drive accountability
• Assure that repair/maintenance activities comply with all applicable government regulations and contract requirements and is performed in accordance with current Operations playbook
• Assure audit of areas of responsibility for conformance to quality plans, systems, and requirements
• Analyze repeat shopping events across the network and develop programs to improve the repeater rate.
• Provide quality plans to monitor and report quality delays, control, and monitor significant out of tolerance gages
• Develop and maintain a communication plan to provide employees with adequate information concerning issues identified
• Establish the climate that encourages an open two-way channel of communication whereby employees exchange ideas / suggestions and share information
• Collect, analyze and summarize performance and drive improvement actions
• Work closely with Manufacturing, Reliability Engineering, the Infancy team and the Services team to identify areas for focused product / process improvement actions and ensure those actions are implemented in a timely fashion and in an effective and sustainable manner
• Foster and mentor a strong customer relationship within the field service team
• Must maintain the highest level of integrity and ethics in all the dealing with internal customers and external suppliers
• Work with customers externally and internally to identify quality related opportunities to improve our current processes as well as design and implement progressive management processes and systems based on LEAN and Six Sigma methodology.
• Work with customer and internal teams to develop bad actor program(s) to improve worst performing locomotives
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 2 years of rail industry experience on locomotives in servicing, production or manufacturing
• Strong statistical background with analytical and quantitative skills
•Ability to communicate with all levels of internal and external organizations, including upper management
• Ability to execute multiple projects simultaneously and work effectively in a cross-functional team
• Make presentations to other teams and management on projects
• Support and drive projects to enable condition-based maintenance in the service operation
• Ability to identify opportunities to improve processes and initiate change; demonstrated commitment for process improvement
• Strong interpersonal, influencing, and conflict resolution skills
• Hands-on experience in the railroad industry, specifically with locomotive operations and asset maintenance operations
• Understanding of life-cycle cost/life-time value modeling and stochastic modeling
• Hands on troubleshooting experience with Dash-8, Dash - 9, and Evolution Locomotives
• 1st hand knowledge of railroad operations and maintenance practices
• Six Sigma, Lean, or equivalent Quality Program certification
• Willingness to travel 25%-30% of the time as needed
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: Canada, United States; Illinois, Ontario; Homewood, Toranto Candada
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.