Smith & Associates Solar Purchasing Specialist in Houston, Texas
Solar Purchasing Specialist
Smith, a global distributor of electronic components and semiconductors, is now positioned as a leader in the solar industry. As a leading wholesale distributor of solar equipment and provider solar design and consulting services, we bring expertise in the distribution and support of solar products such as solar modules, inverters, racking, and BOS material.
We work with hundreds of manufacturers, brokers, vendors and customers who have supplied product for and/or completed thousands of residential and commercial installations, over 100+ Megawatts of solar energy, and 20+ years of combined experience.
Develop business relationships through networking and partnering with suppliers and vendors to promote ONTILITY and Smith’s brand in the marketplace.
Develop, establish, build and maintain solid vendor relationships.
Required sourcing, price negotiation and expediting of purchase orders (POs).
Executes and manages POs and dispute resolutions in a timely manner.
Develops and demonstrates working knowledge of Smith Solar’s purchasing methodology, commodities, services, industry standards, and terminology.
Works collaboratively with Sales to increase revenue and maintain customer satisfaction.
Interfaces with Operations and Accounting departments to ensure PO’s are processed seamlessly and meet the needs of the customer
Provide weekly sales reports
· Skills: negotiating, business acumen, organizing, decision quality, interpersonal savvy
· 2+ years of previous purchasing and/or sales experience
· Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment, with the ability to be a self-motivated
· Experienced in building rapport with prospective and established clients
· Must have knowledge of solar industry, products, and services
· Team player with a high sense of urgency
Smith is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Houston, Texas, United States