Citi Business Intelligence Senior Business Analyst in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 18050847
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES The Business Intelligence Senior Business Analyst drives strong partnerships between IT, business clients and vendors. You will enable data driven decision making for Citi’s Core Infrastructure Services. by crafting scalable business solutions that retrieve and aggregate data from multiple sources and presenting it in a digestible and actionable format. You will have a direct impact on future growth opportunities for Citi’s business units.
Successful candidates will demonstrate: a passion for business intelligence, data analysis, a bias for action, deep dive, attention to details, ownership and customer-obsession.
• Develop Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Reporting solutions to address growing business reporting, analytics and data requirements.
• Support engagement activities to analyze business environments, gather business requirements and create data visualizations in support of product.
• Assess the feasibility and cost effectiveness of proposed solutions and advise clients and key stakeholders.
• Partnering with constituents to define ongoing analytics and reporting needs, ensuring that needs are documented, costed, and prioritized appropriately, and that a mid to long-term solutions delivery schedule is established.
• Work collaboratively with software engineers to define and translate requirements into developed solutions.
• Ensures work is completed in such a way to comply with established best practices, compliance regulations and internal controls.
• Provides on-call support for data load processes, as needed.
• Serve as liaison between business constituents and internal/global IT teams to provide support of existing systems and collaborate on strategic roadmaps to align business initiatives and product development.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/mission-and-value-proposition.html explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards at http://www.citigroup.com/citi/about/leadership-standards.html explain how we do it. Ourmissionis to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop to are widely available to all.
SUMMARY OF REQUIREMENTS
• Typically requires a minimum of 7 years of related experience in business analytics, business intelligence and data analysis in various BI technologies, patterns and practices.
• Ability to effectively communicate complicated data and analytics related subjects with both business and technical teams.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives in a fast-paced environment.
• Interest in user interface design and data visualization front-end architecture and implementation experience using tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Oracle Business Intelligence (OBIEE).
• Understanding of data warehousing, data modeling concepts and building new DW tables.
• Ability to write queries in SQL to perform data analysis and understand data models.
• Ability to conduct back-end and data processing work necessary to power UIs.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, combined with strong business judgement and an ability to present analysis in a clear and compelling manner.
• Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle Methodologies (SDLC).
• Bachelor's degree or work experience equivalent required.