Citi Program Management Lead - AML PMO in Irving, Texas
Primary Location: United States,Texas,Irving
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Compliance and Control
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Job ID: 18016375
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
The AML Project Management Office is focused on enhancing the quality of integrated Global AML data and operating platforms across all products and regions. Reporting into one of the Team Leaders in the AML Project Management Office, the Senior Project Manager will provide support for program planning, execution, tracking, communications and reporting for multiple high priority cross-functional projects and support all Citi Businesses, globally. This professional is expected to utilize a solid understanding of Citi’s organization, infrastructure, policies and business strategy to facilitate the implementation of enterprise-wide data governance policies, strategies and practices. The Senior Project Manager will lead strategic programs and multiple large-scale projects simultaneously, with responsibilities comprised of the following components:
• Coordinate with global cross-functional teams to identify, prioritize and facilitate execution of potential enhancements to AML data and operating platforms
• Collaborate with knowledgeable and demanding stakeholders to establish project plans for major initiatives and drive efforts to a successful conclusion
• Coordinate with Technology and other functional teams to deliver consistent and efficient process/platform enhancements, providing hands-on support and issue escalation as needed
• Assist with resource requirements for key projects by partnering with project managers to understand scope of effort, deliverables, and project plans
• Assist with maintaining coherent and concise communications detailing the scope, progress and results of initiatives underway
• Responsible for assessing, creating and gaining signoff where applicable of Project approval, charter, governance, requirements, schedule, milestones, contact list, communication plan, risks, issues, change control, and post-implementation review.
• Provide in-depth support with interpretive thinking to define problems and develop innovative solutions.
• Follow up on open items in a timely fashion to ensure projects stay on track
• Possess a comprehensive understanding of how own area and others collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives.
• Oversee Project plans and help ensure they meet business needs as described in the project initiation documents
• Ensure all stakeholders are identified and included in scope definition activities; understand the project schedule and key milestones
• Work with Project Sponsors to document business case/cost benefit analysis
• Monitor project commitment from those assigning resources
• Ensure vendor performance is monitored and recommend actions to be taken if performance warrants
Create the project risk management plan
• Apply/demonstrate advanced understanding of area supported.
• Persuade and influence others through solid communication and diplomacy skills
• Escalate project risks to the respective AML PMO Team Leader, or Project Sponsor, or Project Team, when and as appropriate
• Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent number of years required
• The successful candidate will have experience interacting with knowledgeable and demanding audiences at varying levels of management. The candidate is expected to demonstrate flexibility, versatility and an ability to shepherd multiple concurrent priorities to completion, seeking guidance as necessary. Demonstrable success in coordinating large-scale projects involving geographically and functionally diverse stakeholders is required.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to succinctly convey information to senior management are expected.
• Experience in Compliance Project execution required. Familiarity with Compliance taxonomies helpful, i.e., Transaction Monitoring, Know Your Customer, Investigations, Risk Assessments, Sanctions Screening, etc.
• A minimum of 6+ years experience with technology and/or project management related responsibilities in a financial services institution is required and project manager certification is a plus.