Veritas Sr. Director, Strategic Accounts in Jefferson City, Missouri
The Sr. Director of Strategic Accounts will be responsible for driving sales for assigned Strategic Accounts with a focus on meeting immediate and long term sales targets, building lasting relationships with client C-suite and business line leaders, building a high performing team and effectively collaborating with internal and external resources to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate and direct strategic account planning, develop strategies that leverage Veritas strengths and unique value propositions.
- Meet and exceed revenue and bookings targets, key sales objectives, develop account strategies, pipeline, negotiate pricing, develop sales plans, maintain sales reports, develop market and competitor knowledge, deliver compelling presentations and ensure favorable outcomes at every client engagement.
- Provide direction to pre-sales resources, including engineering resources.
- Lead a focused team to achieve agreed objectives through support, mentorship, direction and accountability (even though due to the matrix structure not all team members have a direct reporting line).
- Develop short and long-term account strategies, securing senior internal stakeholder support and then deliver against the execution of these strategies.
- Develop C-level relationships within strategic account base and ensure all Key Decision Makers and Stakeholders (both with the client and Veritas) are supportive and endorse the specific account objectives.
- Understand pricing structures and negotiate Contracts and/or Amendments through to conclusion.
- Expand into new buying centers within strategic account base, ultimately increasing Veritas’s share of wallet.
- Coach and develop high potential talent for future progression
- Understanding the evolving market and customer trends and ensuring the Regional GTM strategy continuously aligns; anticipates long-term global business trends, emerging markets and competitors threats/opportunities and how they affect the market.
- Building and nurturing a high performance Sales organization, demonstrating courage with a deliberate intent to win and grow
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS:
- Manages well through major change within the organization and sales partners.Works with key influencers to ensure high levels of employee, partner, and customer satisfaction through the organizational changes within Veritas
- Track record and ability to keep a pulse on employee morale, provide development opportunities and retain key performers
- Incumbent must bring experience and success in leading strategic initiatives to adopt and expand methodologies that delivered results in their business portfolio.
- The ability to work well in highly matrixed and complex go-to-market and route-to-market environments
- Ability to take conceptual ideas and translate them into a forward-thinking objectives including enabling architectural alignment as we lead our customers in support of their business models
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be a strategic thinker and have proven ability to manage ambiguity, solve complex problems and scale effectively across a large organization.
- High energy, independent, self-motivated, enthusiastic, ambitious, goal-oriented, and success driven.
- Strong negotiation, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work alongside multiple team members
- Excellent leadership, energy, judgment, communication, interpersonal, management and analytical skills required; approachable and able to resolve conflict
- Passionate about growing and building a business to its full potential
- A successful track record of milestone achievement, operational excellence and strong cross-functional skills. Recognized as a high achiever who is willing to work broadly to resolve issues in an inclusive way, and significant experience with sales process improvement.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience, MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of relevant sales experience, with at least 5 years leading complex, value add solution selling. 10+ years selling to and/or working in the data management industry with demonstrated business acumen in that industry.
- Demonstrated success selling at the C-Suite, to include Line of Business Leaders.
- Bachelor Degree required, MBA is highly preferred
- 15 years related experience in sales/strategic planning and execution (preferably in the technical industry)
- Experience in managing a major cost center in large development organization
- Requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .