Market Sales Manager - Refinish (Boonville)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Axalta Coating Systems Ltd. ("Axalta," or the "Company"), is a leading global manufacturer, marketer and distributor of high-performance coatings systems. With over a 150-year heritage in the coatings industry, Axalta is known for manufacturing high-quality products with well-recognized brands supported by market-leading technology and customer service.
Over the course of the Company's history, Axalta has remained at the forefront of the industry by continually developing innovative coatings technologies designed to enhance the performance and appearance of customers' products, while improving the customer's productivity and profitability. Axalta's diverse global footprint of 50 manufacturing facilities, four technology centers, 47 customer training centers and more than 14,000 team members allows the Company to meet the needs of customers in over 130 countries. Axalta serves its customer base through an extensive sales force and technical support organization, as well as through approximately 4,000 independent, locally-based distributors. The Company's scale and strong local presence are critical to its success, allowing leverage of the technology portfolio and customer relationships globally while meeting customer demands locally.
Axalta operates its business in two operating segments: Performance Coatings and Transportation Coatings, serving four end markets, including: Refinish, Industrial, Light Vehicle and Commercial Vehicle, across the following four regions: North America, EMEA, Latin America and Asia-Pacific.
The Market Sales Manager will promote growth while solidifying long term retention of existing customer base, leading a territory sales team. The Market Sales Manager will have primary responsibility for managing a territory team s expected results for revenue, profitability, new gains, customer retention, and distributor management with a high sense of urgency; specifically playing a key role in new sale acquisitions, territory budgeting, and accurate forecasting.
Overall, the Market Sales Manager is responsible for demonstrating ownership, commitment, and accountability to the territory and its organizational goals. This position encompasses direct report(s) responsibility in which the individual consistently takes a proactive leadership role while effectively involving the entire team in sales process and customer support activities.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Lead and manage entire territory team personnel; acts as peer-mentor; encourages accountability; leads by example and develops cohesion among the team; effectively motivates and keeps the team focused on territory and business objectives.
- Lead territory team in developing and executing a comprehensive plan consistent with business objectives: ensures people have the authority, understanding, and resources to execute the plan.
- Manages territory spending relevant to end users investment, distributor credits, event sponsorship, and direct report(s) Selling Expenses.
- Gains an understanding of customer base requirements and appropriately applies values added offerings to meet regional goals while keeping Axalta s best interests in mind.
- Manage distribution within a territory and administers the distributor program elements, acting as the primary point of contact for distributors. Consistently conducts effective monthly distributor and territory meetings to achieve desired results.
- Pioneer new, innovative opportunities and takes on challenges that will contribute the territory s success.
- Maintain a balance of building strong, collaborative relationships with distributors and customers while keeping Axalta s interests and goals as a top priority.
- Understand current and future business environment and industry trends in order to prioritize, target, and effectively retain current customers and sell to new customers.
- Understand and accurately communicate the key attributes and advantages of our product, color, and services offer through designed proposals.
- Continually promotes adherence to Axalta core values and commitment to change.
The Market Sales Manager must be an experienced sales professional with a strong industry and some refinish technical background. The ideal candidate would have an extensive refinish sales background in technical support and sales roles with a strong track record for achievement in sales and customer support, combined with a proven ability to assimilate into a local sales team while leading by example.
- Bachelor s degree and/or at least 5-10 years of industry experience.
- Demonstrates effective written, oral communication, and presentation skills.
- Previous experience in managing and develop people preferred.
- Manages effective programs to compensate, coach, appraise and train sales personnel.
- Demonstrates strong sales and negotiation skills with key contacts and distributor partners in order to effectively present business proposals in a multi-level sales environment.
- Competent computer skills, proficient with, Sharepoint, Cognos, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Salesforce.
- Embraces change in all business aspects including emerging industry trends, new technology, and innovative ideas to improve territory results.
- Has a sound working knowledge of jobber business fundamentals. Effectively discusses and evaluates jobber sales process, inventory management, marketing, and basic jobber financials.
- Hones in on customer and jobber needs, responds quickly to resolve problems, and considers how actions will affect current customers and new business gains.
- Has a sound working knowledge of collision repair shop business fundamentals. Effectively discusses and evaluates sales process, front office administration, marketing, and production processes and operations with body shop personnel.
- Possesses self-discipline/self-management and maintains effective performance in unstructured and autonomous conditions.
Associated topics: administrative, leader, manager, manager of sales, principal, sales executive, sales leader, sales manager, shift lead, team lead
Loading some great jobs for you...