Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program Virtual Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program Virtual Technician is responsible for the technical and administrative work assisting with the coordination Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program and Project Based Voucher Program. Full-time and part-time (flexible hours) schedules available
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interviews applicants to obtain and verify all sources of the family’s income and assets to determine eligibility and financial responsibility of the applicant and makes adjustments, as deemed necessary.
- Calculates applicant and tenant portion of rental payment with high degree of accuracy and ensures that the calculations are in compliance with the Housing Authority’s policies and procedures, as well as federal regulations.
- Ensures that the Housing Assistance Payment (HAP) portion is calculated accurately and in compliance with the Agency’s policies and procedures, as well as federal regulations.
- Conducts briefing sessions to prospective applicants and participants.
- Issues vouchers to prospective HCV applicants based on compliance with HCV Administrative Plan subsidy standards and all necessary forms. Submits HUD Form 50058, as well as any other necessary documentation, to the HUD reporting system.
- Issues participant requests for lease approval, prepares contract file and ensures all necessary forms are completed.
- Ensures that applicant files are up-to-date at all times.
- Ensures an executed Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) contract and copy of the executed lease have been obtained, as well as any other necessary documentation, are in the participant’s file.
- Enters update information for assigned waitlist interviews, as well as all other pertinent information, into HACEP’s internal database portal in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures all phases of the eligibility and admission cycles are accurate and complete.
- Conducts accurate and timely annual reviews of participants’ family income and make-up of household members in order to determine continued eligibility and benefit level.
- Conducts eligibility reviews for reported changes by applicant or participant and makes the necessary changes.
- Interviews participants to obtain and verify all sources of income in order to determine eligibility and financial responsibility of participants and makes necessary adjustments.
- Executes Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) contracts, as needed.
- Provides the Finance department with information needed to make timely payments to landlords.
- Issues participant requests for lease approvals, prepares contract files and completes all necessary forms.
- Prepares clear and concise narrative and statistical reports.
- Prepares files for initiation of termination of assistance, as it applies to the HCV Program.
- Prepares e-files for portability.
- Answers participant and owner/landlord inquiries in a timely manner and responds appropriately.
- Serves as a liaison between participants and owner/landlord and assists in bringing resolution for any issues that may arise between both parties.
- Compiles and tracks data to monitor special programs, including non-routine activities not conducted with regular vouchers.
- Performs clerical duties such as answering telephones, general typing, filing, scanning, faxing, mailings, correspondence, and general office housekeeping.
- Responsible for performing other related duties as assigned.
- An Associate’s Degree in Business or Public Administration, Social Services or related field is highly desired.
- Two (2) years administrative experience with a housing development or apartment property is highly desired.
- Must be bilingual (Spanish/English), spoken and written.
- Must have a minimum of three years direct customer service experience.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, based on business demand.
- Certification in HCV Eligibility, Occupancy and Rent Calculations must be obtained within twelve months from date of hire.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) federal regulations, HCV Administrative Plan Policies and procedure is highly preferred.
- Must have good knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and techniques of public housing management or multi-family and basic bookkeeping practices is highly desired.
- Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must be able to maintain professionalism under pressure and tensions related to multiple demands, high work volume and fast-paced environment.
- Must have the ability to work successfully with diverse groups and interests.
- Must have the ability to interpret and consistently apply Agency and HUD established rules, policies, procedures, and regulations within the mandated or assigned deadline.
- Must have the ability to accurately and consistently perform basic arithmetic computations.
- Must have strong organizational, interpersonal, initiative, and good judgment.
- Must have the ability to evaluate data and maintain records in an organized manner.
- Must have the ability to analyze, review, and complete reports within specific deadlines.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and organize assigned tasks to achieve optimal use of time and meet deadlines.
Loading some great jobs for you...