Food and Beverage Director
Employment Type: Full-Time
Our Exciting Work Environment
Delaware North has owned and operated Sea Crest Beach Hotel on Cape Cod, Massachusetts since 2016. The 21.6-acre property features myriad amenities, including an indoor and outdoor saltwater pool, poolside bar, watercraft rentals, bike rentals and 30,000 square feet of event space, as well as a pristine white-sand beach.
The Director of Food and Beverage is responsible for all food and beverage operations. Work closely with the General Manager to ensure effective overall operations of Food & Beverage, including restaurant, bar, kitchen and catering.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversees and supports recruitment process to ensure optimum staffing levels
- Monitors productivity of management and supervisors and makes necessary adjustments
- Sets goals for the work group and developing organizational capability
- Displays a customer focused attitude and encourages training opportunities and employee accountability to close performance or conduct gaps
- Provides coaching and direction to team leadership to take action and to achieve operational goals
- Serves as a resource to and provides solutions to, direct report managers, supervisors and associates.
- Plans, identifies, communicates and delegates appropriate responsibilities and practices to department leaders to ensure smooth flow of operations
- Allows department managers and supervisors the opportunity to make decisions related to their units while providing feedback to guide appropriate and effective decision making
- Solicits customer feedback and proactively researches local markets to understand customer and community needs
- Uses operational tools to plan for and achieve operational excellence.
- Utilizes management information tools and analyzes financial reports to identify and address trends and issues in department performance
- Lead efforts in labor cost controls, menu planning, costing and analysis.
- Ensures compliance with all related labor, safety, food safety, alcohol service, and local, federal and state regulations
- Engages with HR to ensure completion of required and annual training of staff
- Maintain physical condition of facilities in conjunction with company standards.
- Ensures Individual Development Plans are in place for identified individuals and regular development conversations occur with key staff
- Succession opportunities are identified for key staff and reviewed with Senior Management
- Provides guidance to supervisors and managers who regularly conduct performance assessments, provide feedback, and set challenging goals to improve employee performance
- Challenges and inspires employees to achieve business results
- Recognizes and reinforces individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational tools and programs as well as by finding new, creative, and effective methods of recognition
- Facilitates special projects as directed by the GM.
- Manages a positive, transparent, and sincere relationship with the Company’s client (The National Park Service).
- Works with unit managers and supervisors to maintain positive staff relationships by understanding and addressing employee motivation, cultural nuances, needs, and concerns.
The preferred candidate will posess the following core competencies:
- Reviews policies and practices against future business needs, such as operational changes which affect staffing levels. Works with HR to ensure proper staffing levels.
- Embraces and practices teaming where everyone feels ownership, are committed to goals, and take individual and shared accountability for the team’s success.
- Develops, maintains and strengthens partnerships with others inside or outside of the company who can provide information, assistance and support.
- Sets challenging goals and objectives with clear purpose, direction, and outcomes and the persistence to see them through in the face of obstacles; generates long-range plans and programs while delivering short-term business results.
- Builds talent including self-development. Coaches, mentors and manages employee performance. Attracts, develops and retains top talent for today and the future.
- Encourages, evaluates creative solutions to customer and business needs; promotes and rewards creativity, risk taking and challenge of the status quo without judgment.
- Industry related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- At least Five (5) years experience
Who We Are
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Loading some great jobs for you...