Join LabCorp as a Billing EDI Analyst and you'll be a part of an innovative life sciences company with a mission to improve health and improve lives, As a member of the LabCorp team, you will do work that matters and have a career where learning and engagement are valued, and the lives you touch provide you with a higher sense of purpose.
Billing EDI Analyst responsibilities:
Job function and/or primary purpose: Analysis, troubleshooting, and testing to facilitate proper electronic remittance posting
* Billing EDI Liaison with clients; Completes EDI Implementations with minimal guidance/supervision.
* Ability to bring the billing piece of implementation to successful completion, even when engaged later in the process.
* Participate in regular divisional conference calls and meetings.
* Support colleagues when there are scheduling conflicts.
* Educate clients and vendors to ensure successful transmission of required billing data.
* Maintain client and vendor confidence in LabCorp and staff.
* Conducts detailed data analysis of EDI issues and defects; reviews multiple sources to identify resolution.
* Reviews HL7 files and downstream data to validate quality and appropriate outcomes of EDI transmission.
* Conveys updates to management and business stakeholders on issues and project status
Requires a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent w/3-5 years Healthcare Billing EDI directly applicable experience.
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written is essential to communicate with others located throughout a wide geographic area where the primary mode of communication is conference calls and email, including the ability to communicate complex procedures clearly and concisely.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to evaluate, recommend and develop processes.
* Strong PC and systems skills (billing and laboratory systems) and working experience with major software applications for PCs.
* Must be able to work independently.
* Excellent customer service with ability to maintain composure and respond thoughtfully, quickly and professionally to unexpected client or vendor questions, concerns and issues.
* Knowledge of HL7 files and EDI experience is preferred.
* Strong knowledge of all aspects of billing and accounts receivable processes, including LCLS, LCBS and Medical Billing is preferred.
* Strong Excel and Access proficiency preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled