Data ScientistA BIT ABOUT OUR DATA SCIENCE & ANALYTICS TEAM
Kinship s Data Science & Analytics team is core to our strategy. We re using digital, data and customer insights to transform our business by finding answers to problems that we ve often never asked ourselves before. Our vast data assets are being combined to build a 360 view of Pets and Pet Owners to not only power Kinship s businesses but also influence the next great ideas in the Petcare space. This role will be key in helping us understand the power of our data, and how this translates into value for our company, Pets, and Pet Owners. Frequently the projects will be ambiguous, but that s part of the fun; you will determine the best way to leverage our data to tell the right story for any given audience.HOW YOU LL CREATE A BETTER WORLD FOR PETS
WHO WE NEED TO CHART THE FUTURE OF PET CARE
- Apply data science approaches to understand and predict pet and pet owner behaviors
- Use machine learning techniques, visualizations, & statistical analysis to gain insight into various data sets some readily available, and some you create and curate yourself
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure we focus on pet-centric product and service recommendations
- Support new pet technology businesses and partners by generating actionable insights from our data assets
- Develop compelling stories that provide insight into the drivers of business performance and Pet/Pet Owner behavior
We strive to hire people who are passionate about our mission: creating a better world for pets. For all of our Kinship roles, we look for candidates who exemplify our attributes through consistent behaviors. We believe what we do is just as important as how we do it, and we aim to hire people who are:
And for this role, we hope you have the following skills we require to round out our team:
- Optimistic. Those who s boundlessly energy and enthusiasm for what s next shines through in everything they do. We seek to work with people who are intrinsically happy, and who will drive our vision and purpose while managing the complexities of our businesses.
- Purposefully Inquisitive. Those who are courageous and use their deep business insights to cultivate innovation. We want the trailblazers in tech. Those who are entrepreneurs at heart, ask the tough questions, adapt quickly to new situations, and analyze data in new ways to push our big ideas forward.
- Open to All. Those who are inclusive leaders, committed to learning, and leveraging our differences as strengths. We hire people who are naturally collaborative and thrive in a flat and flexible organization. Those who are thoughtful communicators, and seek to foster meaningful relationships across our community of diverse partners.
- Exceptional written & verbal communication, coupled with critial thinking skills.
- Truly inspired by, and want to live, our purpose of creating a better world for pets.
- 1+ years experience in a data science role handling varied and complex data
- Proficiency in machine learning modeling and statistical thinking (random forest, decision trees, supervised and unsupervised modeling, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Python is required; Familiarity with PySpark is also desirable
- Comfortable with ambiguity, with a passion for collaboration to achieve objectives
If you also had these experiences, you d knock it out of the dog park:
- A Bachelor s degree in quantitative field (economics, statistics, business, computer science) or equivalent experience
We want to understand what you're passionate about, the work you've done, and why you'd specifically like to work for Kinship. In order to be considered for this role, you must submit a cover letter and resume to ...@Kinship.co. Candidates without a cover letter will not be considered.WHY JOIN US?
- Passion for growing and strengthening a business using data driven approaches
- Familiarity with cloud-based computing services e.g. AWS, Databricks, etc.
- Enjoys explaining how models and systems work to both non-technical and technical stakeholders.
We offer our associates a unique opportunity to have a completely customizable career within pet care. Through Kinship you will work with and learn from a community of industry executives, pet partners, entrepreneurs, and fellow associates across our startup investment companies, outside partners, and in Mars Petcare. Our nimble and flexible approach to work allows you to make an immediate impact across businesses, while learning new skills at every stage. The diversity of our work opens doors to big opportunities and unlocks enormous potential for countless career experiences in pet care. Join us in our mission to chart the future of pet care, alongside the industry s brightest minds.
Kinship s offices are global, and so are our associates. We are located in NYC, San Francisco, Portland, London, Helsinki, Shanghi, and in Moscow. Many of us flex between our dog-friendly hubs and our home offices. Today, Kinship offers exceptional benefits for you, your family, and your pets, generous paid time off, exponential opportunities to build a career within pet care, and progressive reward packages. Interested? Let s take big strides, together.