Compensation: $55,650.00 - $81,000.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Matson Logistics is a leading provider of multimodal transportation, warehousing, and distribution services throughout North America. Known for our innovative solutions and financial strength and stability, Matson Logistics' people, processes and systems work together to deliver superior performance and value to our customers every day.
Accurately processes approved invoices and related documentation for timely payment. Assists vendors and departments in resolving invoice discrepancies and answering inquiries regarding invoices. Compiles and maintains accounts payable records and vendor files by performing the following duties.Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Researches invoices for which ML does not show movement and submits for payment or returns to carrier.
- Prepares and verifies motor carrier invoices for payment.
- Prepares and resolves payable exception forms (PERF s).
- Maintains vendor files.
- Reviews output reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Works with vendors to mediate discrepancies in amounts billed.
- Acts as a liaison between the vendor and various departments.
- Answers inquiries regarding payment status.
- Maintain invoice files in an orderly manner.
- Assists with other accounting functions and special projects, as necessary.
- Complies with all company rules, policies, and procedures. Works and behaves safely by following all safety rules and regulations.
- Performs any task required to support customer requirements and company goals.
- In addition to those essential job functions identified above, individuals in this position are also responsible for performing other duties or tasks that may be assigned. The Company retains the discretion to add to or change the essential job functions of this position at any time.
Other skills and experiences that are preferred but not required:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One year certificate from college or technical school and two or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge of all MS Office programs, including Excel and Word software
- Ability to type thirty (30) or more words per minute and perform 10-key commands.
- Must possess and exercise excellent customer service skills at all times.
- Must consistently demonstrate professional and pleasant behavior and effectively communicate in stressful situations and/or environments.
- Strong interpersonal and demonstrated verbal and written communication skills, including excellent telephone skills.
- Strong ability to plan, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks.
- Must work well with others, including vendors, suppliers, and internal and external customers to achieve common goals.
- Ability to develop solid working knowledge of intermodal transportation industry.
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing customer requests and requirements.
- Ability to accurately input and edit transaction data, in a timely manner, (including accessorials and discrepancies) in the Company's computerized order-entry system.
- Ability to manage seasonally-heavy work loads.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school or four-year degree from college or university preferred.
- Transportation industry and/or data entry experience desired.
- One or more years related experience and/or training preferred.
Matson is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, AIDS/HIV status, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including, but not limited to, the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Loading some great jobs for you...