AWS Linux Administrator
Compensation: $107,240.00 - $160,420.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Join our team of Database Professionals and work on dynamic long-term projects. The majority of our team members are long-term employees who enjoy consistent work and a collaborative team approach!
- Build and maintain infrastructure on AWS environment.
- Migrate existing services from physical data centers to AWS cloud.
- Write scripts to automate operations and server management.
- Maintain QA and Production configuration using automation tools.
- Build and maintain operations tools for monitoring, notifications, trending, and analysis.
- Define, create, test, and execute operations procedures.
- Troubleshoot production issues.
- Install OS updates/hotfixes/patches/service packs.
- Work with Application Developers to automate builds and software deployments to QA & production.
- Maintain and enhance the Continuous Integration & Deployment environment.
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience with building and maintaining production environments in large-scale consumer enterprises.
- At least 3 years of practical experience with most if not all of the following components of AWS: VPC, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, Redshift, RDS, SNS, SQS, Lambda.
- Experience administering web services on Linux using Apache/Tomcat/Oracle.
- Fluent in AWS CLI.
- Experience with high availability and scalability in AWS.
- Fluent in Linux (RedHat/CentOS/Amazon) administration & shell scripting (BASH).
- Comfortable with one of these programming/scripting languages: Python, Ruby.
- Hands on experience with configuration tools like Salt, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform.
- Production experience developing, configuring and supporting monitoring systems, alerting and analytics (e.g., Sumo Logic, OpManager, AppD etc.
- Familiar with source control tools GIT & SVN.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (TeamCity and/or Jenkins preferred).
- Proficient in creating technical documentation & architectural diagrams.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment with a strong sense of ownership.
- Strong problem resolution, troubleshooting, and QA skills.
For more than 20 years, Moser Consulting has been the go-to source for exceptional IT talent with the ability to self-manage. At Moser Consulting, our people are our #1 asset. We hire the best people, welcome them like family, connect them with opportunities, and let them do what they do best: produce innovative solutions to technology problems.
Our culture gives us a competitive advantage by keeping our employees happy, healthy, and by lowering stress levels in a very demanding industry. It is no accident that we are recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in Indiana. We focus on giving employees: an incredible work space; a fun, collaborative, and creative atmosphere; an extremely generous compensation package; and dozens of outstanding and unique perks usually not found at one company.
Equal Opportunity Employer minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Associated topics: administrator, equipment, infrastructure, ip, maintenance, network, network administrator, server, system center configuration manager, tcp
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...