Employment Type: Full-Time
You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn t changed our tight-knit feel we ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company it truly is a special place.While reporting to the Production Manager - this unique position is a flexible, dynamic role one where you may lead a production shift or flex to support daily shipping/receiving functions.We are seeking a high potential candidate with a desire for a significant amount of responsibility now in leading people as well as the opportunity to develop and grow your career with Sonoco.
- Train, lead, and give daily direction to employees on the safety process, the production process, and the expected product quality requirements.
- Coordinate production and employee scheduling to meet customer demands and manage labor costs
- Coach, direct, and facilitate production employees, focus on team problem solving, consensus building and technical training.
- Daily verification and data entry of production reports, calculations for labor, run hours, material utilization, and employee attendance.
- Identify, propose and execute ideas and projects to improve operational performance
- Actively engage in learning manufacturing process and critical to quality requirements to ensure positive customer experience
- Lead various teams in support of continuous improvement initiatives
The Cincinnati location manufactures rigid paper containers used to package powdered infant formula, powdered beverages, nuts, etc. Each container is spirally wound from a minimum 75% recycled fiber creating an environmentally friendly package for the market.
- We expect you to have a Bachelor s degree in business, engineering, science or equivalent work experience
- You will have at least 3+ years supervisory experience in manufacturing and/or distribution
- You should be high energy and willing to wear multiple hats
- Strong computer skills
- This position will require a high degree of independence, critical thinking, decision making, and dynamic leadership skills
We care about the health and wellness of you and your family. That s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package that makes it easier to manage your health and provide financial security for you and your family. In addition, we offer competitive wages and retirement plans.
Apply today and help us grow stronger.
For more information, visit www.sonoco.com/careers or follow us on social media @sonoco_careers!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.
Loading some great jobs for you...