Progress Rail Services Corp. Manager, Power Products Service in LaGrange, Illinois
Auto req ID: 3165BR
Posting Title: Manager, Power Products Service
Job Category: Sales & Marketing
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Manage all aspects of distributor and customer interface to EMD for service related issues specific to the Power Products group.
Key Job Elements
• Establish and lead relationships with and interface with EMD distributors sales and service departments;
• Develop and manage processes to insure distributor / customer records are captured and managed including Product Reference Data (PRD) file;
• Manage Power Products library and insure distributors are up to date with current EMD publications;
• Lead internal investigations into quality spills or other service issues;
• Manage communications to customers and distributors related to quality spills including warranty, modifications and policy adjustments;
• Lead and track internal responses to distributors inquiries on product service related issues;
• Insure technical documents provided to distributors are up to date and accurate;
• Work with parts sales, publications, service parts engineering and distributors in establishing order-specific spare parts lists and distributor flee-specific spares inventories;
• Prepare Product Information Bulletins as required to formally communicate technical issues to distributors.
Product Related Issues:
• Establish position as internal point of contact to manage activities of Customer Engineering and Design Engineering in resolution of field problems;
• Lead distributor / customer communications for service investigations;
• Coordinate field campaigns & Modifications with internal departments;
• Lead any field testing done in conjunction with distributors and customers.
• Field testing, analysis, and documentation for Power Products issues;
• New product testing and field evaluation;
• Travel (possibly international) as required;
• Support Power Products sales as required with technical support.
Education / Training
• College degree;
• Engineering degree or Engineering systems degree;
• Business degree;
Qualifications and Experience
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Experience in dealing with customers at all management levels;
• Leadership experience with managing complex problems;
• MS Office and associated computer software;
• Basic electrical/electronic systems theory;
• Basic-to-advanced engine experience.
• Desire to broaden experience in Power Products to take on increasing responsibilities;
• Accumulated skills and experience in industry managing a diverse work group.
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities