Mennonite Home Communities Homemaker - Food Service / Therapeutic Recreation - Full-Time 1st Shift in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Our faith-based mission is to enrich the lives of residents, staff and the community. Must have a passion for helping older adults, positive outlook and be a team player. We offer a pleasant, upbeat, smoke-free environment, with competitive salary and generous benefits package.:
Currently hiring for:
FT (11a-7:30p); PT (11a-7:30p) and (2:30p-7:30p):
Alternating weekends and holidays required:
* A high school diploma or GED preferred.:
* One to two years experience preferred in a skilled nursing or retirement facility.:
The Homemaker is responsible for the function of the household kitchen which involves maintaining quality standards and service to meet the nutritional needs of the residents in accordance with regulations. Also responsible to facilitate and provide daily activities for residents to meet their social, mental, and emotional needs.
- Resident Service- Practices a resident-centered focus. Creating an environment of compassion by acknowledging and respecting the individuality of each resident.
- Accountability- Takes responsibility for own actions and monitors personal performance to ensure quality resident care and quality services. Follows department’s and organization’s policies and procedures.
- Communication- Practices expressing oneself effectively and respectfully. Also listens well, gives and receives feedback, uses constructive criticism and helps to resolve conflicts.
Teamwork- Being open to learning from each other and celebrating and creating community together. Cooperates and partners with fellow team members to accomplish goals and shared purposes. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Prepares and serves high quality food in accordance with standards and regulations.
- Understands diets and special nutritional needs of residents and honors their preferences. Modifies food accordingly to meet the nutritional needs of residents.
- Maintains high standards of meal quality and appearance. Takes initiative in recognizing and communicating to appropriate team members ideas regarding improvement to resident dining experiences.
- Assists the household staff with serving of resident meals. Also, helps prepare and serve appropriate snacks.
- Assists with inventory of, storing and ordering household grocery supplies.
- Keeps all kitchen areas clean and organized in compliance with regulations. Reports repairs and maintenance needs in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Consistently follows sanitation procedures and universal precautions to preserve food quality and prevent transmission of food-borne illness.
- Maintains proper documentation of food temperatures and equipment temperatures for regulatory compliance.
- Responsible to make sure the needs of residents are met based on their individual choices for daily living and sensitivity to their choices.
- Encourages resident input with activity planning through Community Circles and individual input.
- Assist with activities for residents for various levels of abilities and interests in a variety of settings. Provides a variety of opportunities for residents to carry out personal and social interests and their daily pleasures.
Knowledge of regulations regarding activities. Responsible to record resident group activity attendance as well as individual visits and independent activity participation. Responsible to complete one (1) 1:1 visit with a resident for a minimum of ten minutes each shift worked. OTHER FUNCTIONS:
Responsible to help maintain cleanliness of public areas and other areas of the household.
- Participants in Quality Improvement process of the household. Actively participates and attends Learning Circles that take place in household.
- Makes sure resident and household needs are met by actively assisting in various areas as needed. Responsible to be available for work in shortage of staff or emergency situations.
- Responsible to assist in other duties as assigned.
Employee has completed annual compliance training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the code of conduct in the performance of their duties. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/JOB RELATIONSHIPS:
A high school diploma or GED preferred.
- One to two years experience preferred in a skilled nursing or retirement facility.
- Complete Serv Safe training / certification.
- Encouraged to complete Dining Assist Program.
- Basic computer skills needed.
- The Homemaker is responsible to report to the Community Life Coordinator.