Mennonite Home Communities Lead Cook - Full-Time 1st Shift in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Our faith-based mission is to enrich the lives of residents, staff and the community. Must have a passion for helping older adults, positive outlook and be a team player. We offer a pleasant, upbeat, smoke-free environment, with competitive salary and generous benefits package.:
Currently hiring for a full-time day shift Cook at our Mennonite Home Long Term Care Campus.:
This position is 80 hrs biweekly; alternating weekends and holidays required;:
Duties will include: cooking, training, light inventories, and helping to close the kitchen;:
The Cook position is responsible to prepare foods according to recipes or instruction following food safety guidelines, in a clean environment. To assist management in the overall feeding of Residents, Guests and Staff in a timely manner. To assist in controlling costs by utilizing foods as directed.
- Resident Service- Practices a resident-centered focus. Creating an environment of compassion by acknowledging and respecting the individuality of each resident.
- Accountability- Takes responsibility for own actions and monitors personal performance to ensure quality resident care and quality services. Follows department’s and organization’s policies and procedures.
- Communication- Practices expressing oneself effectively and respectfully. Also listens well, gives and receives feedback, uses constructive criticism and helps to resolve conflicts.
Teamwork- Being open to learning from each other and celebrating and creating community together. Cooperates and partners with fellow team members to accomplish goals and shared purposes. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Is responsible to run and maintain any 1 kitchen in the absence of the Lead Cook, or Assistant Director in closing down procedures for back and front house staff.
- Is responsible for the preparation and cooking of assigned foods based on daily production sheets and standardized recipes.
- Is responsible to record all designated quality key indicator procedures and logs on a daily basis.
- Is responsible to demonstrate good personal hygiene and follow safe food handling practices.
- Is responsible to sample foods during main production, before main service starts and communicate to managers any problems that may result in customer dissatisfaction of product.
- Operate kitchen equipment following safety practices and procedures and report any malfunctioning equipment to the manager immediately.
- Rotate foods based on dating system to be followed and report any suspicious smelling or looking foods to the manager before cooking or discarding.
- Accountable to demonstrate basic culinary knowledge with portion control, slicing and cutting techniques, etc.
- Responsible to ensure that foods are stored in appropriate areas
Responsible to sanitize work tables frequently during production and cleaning of assigned equipment. OTHER FUNCTIONS:
Responsible to attend in-services and training programs as directed or schedule.
- Performs related and unrelated duties in case of dept. or MHC emergency
- Responsible to be flexible in schedule in case of staff shortage or emergency
- Responsible to conform to MHC policies and procedures to include but not limited to policies regarding Infection and Safety Controls
- To assist in special functions by Management and also Culinary Events
- Employee has completed annual compliance and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the code of conduct in the performance of their duties.
Mandatory training requirements completed as assigned. EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/JOB RELATIONSHIPS:
High school diploma is preferred.
- Formal culinary education preferred or previous experience in an institutional facility.
- Experience in preparation of foods following recipes.
- The Cook reports directly to the Lead Cooks and Assistant Directors Back of House or Front of House in their absence.