Lockheed Martin Mechanical Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
Description: Come be a part of the development of the new Hypersonic Conventional Strike Weapon (HCSW). This new air-launched weapon system will include phases progressing through design, flight test, initial production and deployment of the weapon system. Join the Lockheed Martin team and be a part of the company that has developed and flown more hypersonic vehicles than any other U.S. Company and has decades of hypersonic development and flight test experience from government contracts as well as internal investments in research and development projects.
This Mechanical Engineer Staff Position supports the Weapon System Booster Integration Team and Manager by performing requirements tasks such as creation of the WS Specification, Requirements analysis, allocation and decomposition, generation of specification trees, Level 1 and Level 2 requirements specification generation, verification planning and support to the program major reviews and associated deliverables. Specific area of focus for this position is development, qualification, and deployment of the Booster Propulsion System.
Desired Skills: - Propulsion Trade Studies
- Range Safety Document Tailoring and Compliance
- Interface Definition for Solid Boost Motor to Structures, Ordnance, Controls and Avionics Subsystems
- Development of Propulsion Development and Qualification Test Program
- Development of Supplier SOW and SDRL packages for Propulsion systems
- Development of Solid Propulsion CONOPS and Support Equipment Design
- Verification Planning
- CDRL/SDRL Review and Approval
- Participation in ERB/CCB/FRB EVents
- Participation and Closure of PDR and CDR Events
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline or equivalent experiance/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience; or 3 years of professional experience with a related Master's Degree.
- Considered a Carrer or Journey Level in Propulsion Engineering
- Knowledge of Mechanical and Propulsion Engineering Principals
- Knowledge of Requirements development and management
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and teamwork with internal customers
- Excellent organizational and verbal/written communication skills
- Proficiency with standard documentation and presentation tools
- Experience with Mechanical and Propulsion Engineering associated with missile systems
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.