Collabera Tool Design Engineer in Macomb, Michigan
Tool Design Engineer
• Design Machines, jigs, fixtures and automated equipment for the Aerospace industries.
Key areas of responsibility:
• Receive direction from Project Engineer or Project Lead.
• Investigate and comprehend customer SOW, standards and deliverables.
• Collaborate with AIP engineering, programming, manufacturing and quality staff in the development of quality design applications.
• Present design concepts to internal and external customers.
• Create or modify 3D CAD tool models that meet the Fit, Form and Functional requirements specified by the customer while adhering to customer and AIP modeling standards.
• Create and/or modify 2D CAD tool drawings that meet customer and AIP drafting standards.
• Complete designs within established budgets and schedules.
• Drive to succeed with each challenge presented.
• Ability to work individually or in a team environment.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work in a fast paced schedule driven work environment.
• Proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Experience designing in Solid Works, CATIA V5 or equivalent CAD Software.
• Associates or BS Degree in engineering related discipline preferred.
• 5 to 10 years of related experience.
• Mechanical aptitude with attention to detail.
MS Excel, CAD, Catia, Engineering, 3D CAD, 2D CAD Design, CATIA V5, CAD Software, tool drawings,