Mercy Health Financial Clearance Specialist in Mason, Ohio
Financial Clearance Specialist
Job ID: 4662894
Updated: May 17, 2018
Location: Mason, OH, United States
Department: Financial Clearance
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Standard Hours: 40
Financial Clearance Specialist
This position is located onsite with Mercy Health, a client of Ensemble Health Partners. To learn more about Mercy, click the link below to apply
A Financial Clearance Specialist is a vital member of the healthcare team, and is responsible for providing world class customer service to clients.
Financial Clearance Specialist Responsibilities include:
- The Financial Clearance Specialist provides world-class customer service while exceeding the expectations of scheduled patients for cost share/liabilities prior to the date of service.
- The Financial Clearance Specialist assigns insurance plans accurately
- Performs electronic eligibility confirmation and documents results
- Calculates patient cost share/liability and attempts to collect via phone within 48 hours of the date of service.
Financial Clearance Specialist will receive benefits:
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages that reflect our commitment to providing fair and just workplaces.
- Wellness programming designed to help our associates enhance their health, including a comprehensive annual health risk assessment.
- A culture truly participatory and to strengthen diversity and inclusion.
- Growth - once you've joined our team, you will discover a variety of traditional and online learning opportunities, including tuition reimbursement, to help you acquire new skills and obtain degrees, certifications and CEUs. And our managers will coach you toward greater success.
- Recognition - we recognize our associates through programs that include service awards, celebrations and personal appreciation. We also survey associates annually to assess their satisfaction with our organization and managers, and to identify areas for improvement.
Full-time, 40 hours per week, days / afternoons, 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Saturday rotation. Saturday hours are 8a-4:30p
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
This position will be a part of the revenue cycle team at Ensemble Health Partners - a wholly owned subsidiary of Mercy Health. Ensemble Health Partners specializes in providing revenue cycle solutions and creating real value for its clients by building relationships, reducing revenue cycle spend and delivering exceptional results. Ensemble partners with hospitals across the United States to make real and lasting improvements that impact the bottom line.