Freddie Mac Project Mgmt Sr in McLean, Virginia
McLean, VA 1
Full Time/Part Time:
Seeking a technical Project Manager to lead multiple initiatives within Multifamily BTO in the IT division. The candidate will be responsible for establishing and leading medium to large sized projects ranging in complexity. This role will be responsible for the planning and executing from start (developing the business case) to finish (project close-out). This role will manage scope, schedule, budget, quality, risks and issues, impact on systems, and dependencies with other IT Business Units within the company.
Your work falls into following primary categories:
• Responsible for the overall success of a wide range of projects of varying levels of complexity.
• Manage analysis of business needs and requirements and lead the teams in designing and implementing an optimal solution.
• Accountable for project initiation and planning, and for overseeing development, testing, implementation, and closeout.
• Responsible for initial project planning efforts (e.g., developing project scope, defining project guidelines, obtaining business and IT sponsor approvals, coordinating resources necessary to successfully complete the project).
• Track and Control Project Scope, Schedule, Budget and Resources to ensure that program objectives are met.
• Responsible for prioritizing procedures for changing scope and project acceptance procedures.
• Ensure development and maintenance of information and documentation related to developing and modifying business processes and systems.
Stakeholder & Communication Management
• Communicate major milestones, identify potential project risks, provide continuing direction to project team, and conduct regular status meetings to review project activities.
• Obtain feedback to assure that project efforts meet customer expectations for agreed upon schedule, cost and objectives.
Work Location Zip Code:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• 5-7 years of technical Project Management experience
• Experience managing the full systems development lifecycle (SDLC)
• Ability to create or drive project schedule development, including task definition, duration, and resource estimates, work breakdown schedule, contingency planning
• Experience building and maintaining project artifacts such as budget development, project charter, project planning, schedule management, requirements management, test planning and execution, control and assurance practices
• Experience working with stakeholders to understand vision, business objectives, and critical success factors
• Ability to facilitate meetings and conference calls. This shall include scheduling the meetings; developing agendas and meeting minutes; providing and archiving required documentation; and documenting, tracking, and following-up on action items from the meetings
• Proficiency in financial data and analysis
• Proficiency using SharePoint 2013
• Project Management Professional (PMP) & Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certifications
Keys To Success In this Role:
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously within the budget and schedule
• Build trusted relationship with the business
• Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
• Strong consultation, collaboration and communication skills
• Ability to use data to help inform strategy and direction
Top 3 Personal Competencies:
• Leadership – Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals , Lead from the front, balancing delegation with doing
• Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo
• Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
Work Location City:
Project Mgmt Sr
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Work Location State:
Information Technology (IT)