Owens & Minor Global HR Operations Manager in Mechanicsville, Virginia
Drives continuous improvement of global HR processes and procedures.Leads the transformation of tactical operations into innovative and strategic programs by providing highly efficient HR solutions, championing change, growing operational excellence, and focusing on tactical implementation.Directs efforts to identify, streamline, and problem solve HR processes and systems, with focus on driving efficient and consistent global HR operations and programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Develops and maintains effective end to end HR processes to ensure continuity across the full life cycle of employment.
2.Facilitates continuous process improvement through partnerships within the HR organization and through the enterprise.
3.Proactively audits and coordinates established procedures, systems and standards for overall HR operations.
4.Leads change management efforts across HR Operations initiatives.
5.Ensures functional process maps are up to date and reflect any changes working with the Business Process Owners as appropriate.
6.Provides project management for departmental initiatives as assigned.
7.Tracks, analyzes, and communicates key success metrics as they relate to both human resource programs & operations and to company-wide initiatives.
8.Proactively stays up to date on industry trends, constantly researching and recommending best practices as appropriate.
9.Facilitates scheduling and prioritization of HR initiatives with HR senior leadership team.
10.Provides regular, ongoing reporting and communications to leadership regarding status of initiatives.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1.Performs additional duties as directed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Four year university degree required; Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum, five (5) years of HR Operations experience required.
- Or any combination of education and experience to meet the above requirement.
- International HR experience/exposure highly preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong HR Technology background (HRIS, ATS, etc.)
- Strong track record of project management and process improvement
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Successful history of leveraging technology to improve and find efficiencies
- Background related to compliance and OFCCP regulations
- Self-starter, can work independently and in a team setting involving multiple departments, partners, and business processes
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work competently with numerical information
- Ability to maintain confidential information and demonstrate tact, discretion and good judgement
- Preferred - Six Sigma, Lean or similar training
- Ability to travel up to 10%