Faith Technologies Inc Group Leader - Industrial in Menasha, Wisconsin
GROUP LEADER - INDUSTRIAL
Faith Technologies ● Menasha, WI
Join Faith Technologies, a national leader in electrical planning, engineering, design and installation focused in growing industrial, general building and critical technology markets.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our Industrial Leadership Team as a Group Leader. The ideal candidate will have a history of successful fiscal control and management experience. This position is responsible for providing overall management for electrical and/or specialty systems construction projects within a market-driven (vertical) profit center and for overseeing staff within the assigned profit center.
We are looking for an individual who possess either their Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management/Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical training and two years of project management experience OR five years project management experience.
Faith Technologies is a “Merit to the Core” organization and we pride ourselves on our ability to reward and recognize our top performers. Faith Technologies leaders and professionals thrive under team-work and collaboration environments to complete projects accurately and on time. Other areas of qualification are included here; visit our careers page for additional detail.
*KEY RESPONSIBILITIES RANGE: *
- Creates and manages a profit center structure that supports the needs of the enterprise in terms of business strategy, profitability, and competitive advantage. Spends approximately60% of time focused on business development related activities and remaining 40% of time is focused on operational activities.
- Maintains compliance with Company policies.
- Ensures profit center compliance with Company best practices, values, and processes. Accurately budgets and manages sales and gross margin consistent with established needs and standards of the organization. Focuses on growth on a company-wide and national basis. Cooperates and collaborates with other Group Managers to achieve goals.
- Mentors and provides guidance to Associate Project Managers, Project Managers, and Senior Project Managers.
- Partners with Human Resources to optimize recruiting and selection, employee relations, and other related topics as it pertains to direct reports.
- Directs implementation and execution of operational efficiencies that maximize people, processes, and profitability throughout the profit center (i.e., BidSmart, Faith Performance Advantage, Lean Construction, etc.).
- Strategizes to ensure that the appropriate Project Managers are aligned with the appropriate projects.
- Works in conjunction with General Superintendents to ensure that the appropriate team/crew is staffed on the appropriate project.
- Works with Project Managers to ensure construction projects are profitable to meet customer deadlines and expectations. Provides assistance with planning, organizing, and staffing projects. Reviews outgoing estimates with Estimating Department as necessary. Visits various jobsites and interacts with crew, customers, foreman, and general contractors to ensure proper job progress and to support and encourage safe behavior.
- Acts as coach and developer of managerial talent; as well as skillfully selects and trains those individuals. Evaluates candidates' and managers' willingness to lead, communication and planning competencies, and ability to make decisions under pressure. Assigns team and project-leadership assignments to assess skill/ability. Spends ample time evaluating people in 'test' managerial roles. Holds managers who report to him/her accountable for managerial work.
- Identifies and generates new business. Networks, establishes, and maintains customer relationships.
- Creates a supportive environment that allows mistakes but not failure (motivates and instructs; shares positive and negative feedback in a constructive manner.).
The job description and responsibilities described are intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills or abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
Faith Technologies is one of the largest, privately-held specialty contractors in the United States. We stand strong in our values as we work to Create World Class Opportunities to Succeed through:
- Uncompromised focus on keeping people SAFE.
- Building TRUST in everything we do.
- REDEFINING what’s possible.
- Rewarding individual results that create TEAM SUCCESS.
We strongly support continuing education through our Faith Technologies University which leads to over 40% internal rate of advancement for our aspiring associates. This exciting opportunity to build a long term career with Faith Technologies has helped build our long-tenured employee base. Our CEO, Mike Jansen, is a great example. Mike started with Faith as an Electrical Apprentice, proving career path opportunities are limitless.
SUMMARY OF BENEFITS
Our employees are our greatest resource. To further promote our Health, Wellness and Safety we proudly offer them:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Performance Incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Safety Shoes & Glasses Reimbursement
- Tool Insurance
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral and Mentoring Program (A.C.E. Program)
If you’d like to learn more about growing your career at Faith Technologies, apply today.
Faith Technologies, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Tracking Code: 201800298
Job Location: Menasha, Wisconsin, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular